You raise some legitimate concerns +Steven Streight
. Definitely a couple I agree with and a few I'm not on board with. I don't see the same concerns you do +Hervé Maas
. These are well grounded and thought out with backing... Different than just complaining to complain.
1) I like the grey on grey. Until I saw some of the concerns in the stream, I didn't realize that there was an accessability / viewability problem - especially with folks having poor eyesight. Something that should definitely be addressed since accessibility is pretty important to Google.
2) I can understand moving the feedback button into a less obvious place, but not when the product is still in Beta - I'd like to see it still prevalent
3) Different flavors of +1 all over the place. Google is all about experimentation so I'm guessing there is still an effort to identify which styles are the most effective. Hopefully will stabilize as the Beta process moves forward (although there will likely always be a certain degree of change as Google continues to experiment.)
4) Video is simply meant as an introduction / viewport. I like it - especially with the music. Tutorial videos could definitely be produced but I don't see that as the point of this video.
5) One of the things I really like about the new interface is the ability to adjust the order / grouping of icons on the side bar. +Adrian Wells
walked through a suggestion for getting it situated in a manner more to your liking.
6) Don't have timeline so can't really compare. I like the new / larger image with overlay but find it a bit distracting in the hovercard.
7) Hmmmm - My chatbox is firmly situated on the r-hand side of the browser window. I like it, but it would definitely be nice if it were "dockable" and you could move it to a different location.
8) Definitely a problem for a public hangout. However, for business, wouldn't you primary use pre-curated circles? I do think that the ability to remove someone from a hangout by a moderator would be a good feature though - perhaps it is something that would be linked with "Hangouts on Air"?
Good post though Steven. Thought provoking and well articulated.