Hello world. It's time for part 3 of my Mastering The Linux Shell series. Enjoy!
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- If you are reading the series and you enjoy it, please share.Mar 25, 2013
- Thanks, I've shared it with the LUG I participate in.Mar 25, 2013
- Thank you.Mar 25, 2013
- You're welcome.Mar 25, 2013
- Making 'rm -i' an alias to 'rm' is dangerous, because it creates an false and insecure expectation. I think something like this is even mentioned in the invaluable coreutils manual that is online somewhere.
Were I to have that alias on my personal systems (and thus its workings and opetation having become second nature), and would I arrive at a new system, whether my own or someone else's, and some time happily use 'rm' in the sub-conscious expectation that I will be prompted -- I, and the possible owner of said machine, will get the surprise of my life.
Indeed, might as well leave the country.
Don't alias 'rm' that way!Mar 26, 2013
- To make it really "disapear", would be great to include a paragraph about shredMar 26, 2013
- Great series of linux tutorial, can't wait for the coming Thursday's part!Mar 27, 2013
Add a comment...