Pondering the mysteries of Easter.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 24 previous comments
- and about the Pi.
I am not the one who claims the Bible is written by God/is Gods words/without faults... I clame the opposite.
Because if it was, it wouldn't have this error, and many other, mathematical and ethical faults. Yes, you know what I talk about.
Back to Pi and the "explanation" you linked to. The human mind are great at imagination and pattern matching, which is shown in the link you refered to.
So yes, Hebrew characters can also be used as numbers, and they don't have wovels in their alphabet either.
So if you allow yourself to be that creative in the interpretation, you can guess what else could possible be found if we start to look in the texts.
And you have to either take the whole bible litteraly OR make modern interpretations of it. Not choose whatever suits your own ethic valuse and use of the words today.
In short, do not cherrypick!
It doesn't look good on christians or the bibel.
(a bit OT, but still creative use of Hebrew texts)
And about using the Hebrew text and numbers, there was some how claimed the Bible was divine because you could predict things by reading the text in different orientations. Like the years of the Great wars, the Black plaig in Europe etc.
And yes, it worked. The problem was that you can get as god "predictions" from Moby Dick as from the Holy Bible. And in the English Moby Dick there are different characters for wovels and numbers, which makes it harder to do than to search in the Hebrew texts in the Bible.May 22, 2013
- thanks for the new links. btw, what is your criteria/reasons for rejecting God? in any case, it is also implicit that should the basis be unreasonable, then acceptance of God is a possibility?!
now, as to who is the one who is doing the "cherry picking" i propose we agree on a set of criteria (as to whether the Bible is the Word of God or not...) from which either side cannot accuse the other of "cherry picking"
as to prophecies..., unless you are willing to concede that it is possible that God exists, and there is proof... then it is pointless to continue arguing. in any case, the date of "May 14, 1948" should prove an interesting study into one of many fulfilled prophecies of the Bible. you may want to check it out on khouse.org, youtube, et.al. it is my hope that you & others will discover & learn that the Bible can be taken very literally & precisely in its details. one simply needs to do basic, albeit thorough, research.May 23, 2013
- of course I can cherry pick to show that your and others claims of the “Divine Holy Book“. To prove a claim false, I only need to show one counter example. And there are plenty in the Bible.
Criteria for rejecting the Christian God? Read the Bible from start to end, without "Guidance" to "interpret it right". That was enough for me, and if that wouldn't be enough look at all catastrophes that an all mighty God could have intervened or not started, instead lets it kill children that hasn't even had time to sin.
And yes, he could show himself/herself/it in many ways. Like come and explain himself. Or actually predict something BEFORE it happened. Because doing it retrospectively is not that hard, as the book Moby Dick also can predict all stuff AFTER it happened.
And false predictions has at least be countered with more correct predictions. And of course, the Bible has to outperform ordinary books as an oracle.
I have not read the links, but I predict they are utterly garbage when it comes to understand mathematics, statistics and combinatorial math.
So let us see if my predictions are right, shall we?May 29, 2013
- Ok, the first link wasn't relevant to the use of the Bible to predict things. Just some rambling nonsenses about Obama selling out US to Muslim terrorists.
Sorry, that was only one link that worked, the one to khouse. I am a bit disappointed, but I was right...May 29, 2013
- Anders, would you allow God to be in your life? is there a possibility for you for God to make Himself known to you? This is key for you to understand everything else. For when you understand Him and His Nature, then everything else comes into perspective. But only if you are willing. Btw, God loves you too. And nothing is coincidental. Our online encounter is not an accident. That is an insight on how God works! As for the ills of the world, in a nutshell it is not the choice of a loving God, but the result of sin, the remedy of which has been provided for by the Atonement on The Cross! Again, this is all nonsense to you until you are willing to allow God.... Take care and God bless you too.May 30, 2013
- of course, I don't judge anyone before I meet them. Neither God nor Jesus. But it has been awfully quiet from them. Neither have come and visited hand had a handshake or even a single phone call. It's like they doesn't exists. Like they don't want to be friends with anyone I know, even some claim to know what they want even though the haven't actually been in speaking terms with them.
Actually, I don't think they exists. At all, unless you have actual prof of something else.
Anyway, have you any link that demonstrate the you can use the Bible to predict stuff? In advance. That would be grate.
As the question about that supposed loving God and the evils of the world. An omnipotent God is responsible for what it allow to happen and what it stop.May 31, 2013
Add a comment...