Start a hangout
Works at Google
Attended University of Kentucky
Lives in Saratoga California
Krishnendu hasn't shared anything with you.
People are more likely to share with you if you add them to your circles.
deep learning, convolution neural networks, pattern recognition, computer vision, image processing
- Adobe Systems, San Jose1996 - 2005
Mountain View California - Lexington, KY - Calcutta
- https://5499837803091155165-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/krishhomepage/Home/Detecting3DMotionFieldFromRangeImageSequence.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cqjy-HeX6zd2GmpbzjLX_s25L67IQCjnUNLqR9DkyG-CczUfzS_FpMdosREW4v60gpltIWO6ILwuTsPb1v9sYjQXsjSJ241kO-QUT4H7oh_mxMRhLTh2a5Xd80twL81_xg1_cNT-na429wU5rCrOfsagADCHSuSYmbJUB23iIQUG7LpiAKw2YdSuNrTs3Tzx96tJVJH4xDpxD0Xabg11VvX4hJRxMdORyoHGWwYpbyQKBC6WOq1E-kUr2qrGFEbjFQLjUIY&attredirects=0 (current)
i can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue
Krishnendu Chaudhury aka Krish Chaudhury
Research Interests: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics
- Google, Sep 12 2005 - present
Uber Technology Leader & Staff Software Engineer - leading image processing, computer vision related projects. In particular,
- Google Reasearch (Machine Intelligence group): Leading computer vision and pattern recognition efforts.
- Google Plus Photos: Auto rectification of user photos, Face recognition based image enhancements, state of the art image de-noising, logo detection based image enhancements
- Face Recognition Based Login System: includes a Histogram of Oriented Gradients (HoG) based gaze detector for liveness detection
- WebP image format: Lead the project through its first launch. WebP is a still image format that can result in upto 40% smaller image file-size (vis a vis JPeg) at comparable visual quality. It was launched in Oct 2010, vide Google blogand Chromium blog. Here are some more media stories: (i) Google offers JPEG alternative for faster Web - CNET News (ii) WebP: Google's attempt to change images on the web - Google 24/7 ... (iii) Techmeme: Google offers JPEG alternative for faster Web (Stephen ... (iv) Wikimedia
- Google Newspaper Search: Lead this project from its inception. The initial version of this was launched on Sep 8, 2008. Please refer to Google Blog Bringing history online, one newspaper at a time. Here are some pointers to relevantpress coverage: (i). New York Times (ii). The Guardian (iii) TechCrunch (iv) BBC (v) Economic Times (vi) San Francisco Chronicle and many others. Please see http://news.google.com/archivesearch to check the product.
- OCR for Google Goggles: Developed a Histogram of Oriented Gradients based shape recognizer for Google Goggles.
- Adobe Systems, San Jose, CA, Feb 1996 - Sep 12 2005
Senior Computer Scientist, ATG (Advanced Technology Group), Acrobat Engineering, PostScript Advanced Development.
- Keane Inc, Boca Raton, FL, Dec 1993 - Feb 1996
Senior Consultant (attached to IBM); worked on OS2 Graphics Engine & Presentation Manager
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Aug 1993 - Dec 1993
Instructor, Dept. of Computer Science (taught Intro to Numerical Analysis, Intro to Data Structures & Algorithms)
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Aug 1989 - Aug 1993
Research Assistant, Center for Robotics, University of Kentucky (NASA research projects)
- PhD, Computer Science University of Kentucky at Lexington, Lexington, KY, USA
- Dissertation: "Motion Estimation from a sequence of Intensity or Range Images".
- "Handheld or Wearable Document Scanner for Google", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Lu Chen, David Petrou, Blaise Aguerra, GP-22700-00-US, Google Patent Application.
- "Auto-Rectification of User Photos", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Stephen DiVerdi, Sergey Ioffe, proc. of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2014, Oct 27-30, 2014, Paris.
- "Automatic Rectification of Distortions in images", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Stephen Diverdi, US Patent 9064309.
- "Liveness Detection in Face Recognition based Authentication Systems", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Avani Devarasetty, U.S Patent US8856541.
- “Automatic extraction of character groundtruth data from images”, Alessandro Bissacco, Krishnendu Chaudhury, U. S. Patent 8755595.
- “Google Newspaper Search – Image Processing and Analysis Pipeline”, Krishnendu Chaudhury et al, 10th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, ICDAR 2009, July 26 – 29, Barcelona, Spain (http://www.cvc.uab.es/icdar2009/papers/3725a621.pdf or GoogleNewspaperSearch_ICDAR2009.pdf or ICDAR2009_presentation.ppt).
- "Segmenting Printed Media Pages into Articles", Krishnendu Chaudhury, A. Jain & S. Thirthala, U.S Patent 8290268, Google
- "Identifying a Front Page in Media Material", Krishnendu Chaudhury et al, U.S Patent 8218913, Google
- "Method and Apparatus for Enhancing Object Boundary Precision in Images", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Ashutosh Kulshreshtha, U.S patent 07813582, Google.
- “Digital Image Archiving in Mobile Device System”, Krishnendu Chaudhury, Ashutosh Garg, Arvind Saraf, Prasenjit Phukan, U.S Patent 7986843, Google.
- "Complexity Based Adaptive Tiling for Transparency Flattener", Krish Chaudhury, Dejan Markovic, U.S Patent 7385727, Adobe Systems.
- “A Cubic B Spline Intensity Re-sampling Based Method for Automatic Image Feature Embedding”, Krish Chaudhury, Dejan Markovic, U.S. Patent 7734118, Adobe Systems.
- “Scaling of Raster Images without Edge Blurring”, Krish Chaudhury, Dejan Markovic, U.S. Patent 7817871, Adobe Systems.
- "Author Signature for Legal Purposes", Jim Pravetz, Krish Chaudhury, Sunil Agrawal, U.S. Patent 7774608, Adobe Systems).
- "Document Modification Detection and Prevention", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, Sunil Agrawal, U.S. Patent 7735144, Adobe Systems.
- "Document Digest Allowing Selective Changes to a PDF Document", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, International Patent, Adobe Systems, PCT/US2004/015116).
- "Dynamic Enabling of Functionality in Electronic Document Readers", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, U.S. Patent 7278168, Adobe Systems.
- "Detecting 3D Motion Field from Range Image Sequence", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, Cid Srinivasan, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics journal, vol. 29, No. 2, April 1999 (Detecting3DMotionFieldFromRangeImageSequence.pdf).
- "A Trajectory based Computational Model for Optical Flow Computation", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation journal, pp. 733-741, vol. 11, No. 5, Oct 1995 (TrajectoryBasedOpticalFlow_ChaudhuryMehrotra.pdf).
- "Optical Flow Estimation using Smoothness of Intensity Trajectories", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, CVGIP: Image Understanding journal, pp. 230-244, vol. 60, No. 2, September, 1994.
- "Detecting 3D Flow", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, International Conference on Robotics and Automation, San Diego, California, May 8-13, 1994.
- Optical Flow from an Extended Frame Sequence, Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Atlanta, Georgia, May 2-7, 1993.
- A Parallel Algorithm for 3D Point Pattern Matching, Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Charlottesville, Virginia, Oct. 13-16 1991.
- Loss and Gain of Optical Couplers with Collision Detection for CSMA/CD based LANs, A. Das, Krishnendu Chaudhury, IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems, ICCS-89, Singapore, Oct. 12-16, 1989
- Playing with my daughter, sitting in the kitchen with the whole family
I can defeat my cellphone in kickboxing
- University of KentuckyPhD, Computer Science