We have 3 part time positions:
COLLEGE SUCCESS PROGRAM
PART-TIME POSITION (12 HOURS PER WEEK)We are hiring 3 PT Associate Coordinators (one for each of our cities: Salem, Peabody & Gloucester). These are new positions due to our current growth.
We are looking for 3 part-time Associate Coordinators for our College Success Program which serves 90 high school students in Salem, Peabody, and Gloucester.
As part-time Associate Coordinators, you will report to and work closely with the Coordinator from the city you are hired to work in. You will use your own college knowledge, your networking (online and in-person) and collaborative skills to help further develop our program. We all work as a team to ensure that all programs run smoothly.
The following outlines the duties of the position and the qualifications. Please read carefully.
We are looking for 3 Part-Time Associate Coordinators to assist in running the College Success Program and take on the following tasks for your assigned city:
• Prepare activities and assist the College Success Program Coordinator in running weekly group meetings with fifteen 11th and fifteen 12th graders
• Assist the local CSP Coordinator in recruiting and training volunteers to run weekly 1 hour SAT Prep classes as well as tutor students in core subjects and to assist students with essay writing
• Work both in a one-on-one setting as well as in a cohort model with high school seniors in completion of college applications
• Coordinate campus visits during school vacation weeks in February and April
• Assist students with resume writing
• Help students brainstorm and edit their college & scholarship applications
• Support students in registering for college entrance exams (Accuplacer, SAT’s, etc.)
• Assist in the recruiting process of new students
• Assist in all activities and events as needed
• Remind students of upcoming meetings and follow up with students who are not meeting attendance standards Keep track of students’ grades (quarterly for the H.S. students and every semester for the college students)
• Enter attendance, grades and test scores into the CSP database
Family and Community Engagement:
• Assist with the coordinating of parent and community activities and events (this includes recruiting attendees for such events and helping to run the 4 Annual Family Academy workshops)
• Create an online community for your students and their families
• Find summer job shadowing/internship opportunities with local companies for all students in your program
The position is for 12 hours per week. Students will meet as a group two days per week for 3 hours and one day a week for one-on-one meetings. The tentative schedule for our HS meetings is as follows (with one hour prior for setting up only during the group meetings):
Salem: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 3 pm – 6 pm
Peabody: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 2:15-5:15pm
Gloucester: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
An additional 1 hour per week shall be spent in administration and planning. From time to time (maybe once a month), you will be required to work additional hours to support a parent meeting in the evening or a weekend event. You will get paid for the additional hours.
Requirements (do not apply if you do not meet these):
1. Minimum of an Associate’s degree (Education, Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or Sociology majors preferred).
2. Must own a car with valid driver’s license.
1. Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and excellent editing skills to assist students in writing college essays.
2. Computer literate – comfortable in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as Internet. Familiarity with MS Access or Adobe Photoshop helpful, but not necessary.
3. Experience working with youth.
4. It is a requirement only for the candidate in the Peabody position to be able to communicate in Spanish.
5. For Gloucester candidates, current or former Gloucester residence is strongly preferred.
This is for 3 different part time positions at 12 hours a week each ($12-$14 per hour dependent upon relevant experience) with duties for 1 of these cities: Salem, Peabody or Gloucester. This position will accrue pro-rated sick, personal, holiday and vacation time. There is no medical or disability insurance with this position.
We are looking for someone immediately!
In your cover letter please:
1. Indicate which city you are applying for,
2. Explain why you are seeking part-time work,
3. Mention why you are interested in working with youth, and
4. Comment on why you believe you are qualified to be an advisor (tell us a little bit about your own college experience) For the Gloucester position, we want to know what connections you have there
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Salem CyberSpace and its College Success Program
Salem CyberSpace is a non-profit organization that provides low-income students North of Boston with high-quality educational and advisory programs and services from middle school through college.
In our College Success Program (CSP), students receive college and career advising from 11th – 12th grade to prepare them and their families for entrance into post-secondary education (colleges and trades). These services include identifying careers and majors, selecting colleges, preparing for college tests, applying to college, and applying for financial aid and scholarships. CSP advisors continue to follow students through the post-secondary institution to assure successful graduation. In addition, we work with the parents and guardians of our students to make sure they understand the often complex process of applying and affording post-secondary education. #partime #work #jobs