Introducing Google Drive, the newest member of Google Apps. Drive is a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your work with the same business-ready security and reliability benefits you’re used to with Google Apps.
54 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 18 previous comments
- Do tell me also when you figure out what are the differentiators between enterprise and consumer version of google drive which could justify the price difference between them.
I did not find any functional difference between them, it is just that they want to gain more(more than double) from enterprise customers and at the same time scale in consumer model by offering reasonable rated extra storage. There is no justification at all of more than double price of enterprise version of google drive. As simple as that.Apr 25, 2012
- From what I have managed to get my hands on, the price differential is due to the following:
- Ability to centrally manage the storage
- Assign storage to users and remove if necessary
- 99.99% SLA
- Pay for the additional storage via the monthly billing cycle process.
- Automatically assign storage amounts to new users
- The storage sizes are a little different too. GDrive for Biz breaks down as follows: 20Gb, 50Gb, 200Gb, 400Gb, 1Tb 2, 4, 8, 16 TB
The differential being the same as Gmail vs Google Apps for Business. Enterprises want that extra level of comfort and management and maybe willing to pay a premium for it.Apr 30, 2012
- I like the new google drive, but please give us a pincode protection on our mobile. Thanks..!May 1, 2012
- Its a good idea but none of the other apps have this functionality that I am aware of, on iOS especially. I have Sharefile, Skydrive, Dropbox, Box apps and actively use Sharefile and Dropbox and none have a timeout on the login or a security feature. You can activate a Pin to take the device out of standby which may help.
If the device goes missing, within Google Admin console you can reset the cookies on all devices and also change password. With Find my iPhone you can remote lock and even remote wipe the device and there is mobile management functionality for Android devices within the Google Apps Admin console.May 1, 2012
- Yes I know I can control this from Admin. I'm also using Dropbox and here I can turn on a 4 digit pincode to open my Dropbox. This feature would be nice on google drive for mobile as well. Eg. my kids are sometimes using my mobile and it would be nice if they can't access my business files on google drive.May 1, 2012
- fair enough, point taken sirMay 1, 2012