And he included a link to one of my articles. Swoon!
- PrintMediaCentr.comPrint Futurist, 2011 - presentI am the Print Futurist for Print Media Centr. I am part of a team of online journalists that covers the print, media and graphic communication industries with articles, blog posts, video interviews, trade show features, webinars, ads, directories and other media products. My monthly column appears in PMC's subscription-based e-newsletter as well as on the website. I co-host the weekly #printchat, a popular chat on Twitter attended by printers and designers around the world.
- Integrated Media and Email Marketing ProfessionalStrategic conversations with your best prospects to build credibility and keep your brand top of mind, presentI specialize in improving the sales potential of your marketing program. I can help you move your messages out onto more platforms and reach new audiences. Email marketing and content strategy are my specialties. I have 30 years of concrete business skills in media and publishing to help you reach your goals.
- PrintersNWTrader magazine - print and onlinePublisher, 1999 - 2011As Publisher, I was the executive in charge of all magazine operations and advertising sales. I pushed our coverage area out from Oregon and Washington to 14 western states and western Canada, as well as a large international online audience. For most of my tenure, I regularly won our corporate award for Best Net Operating as well as numerous sales awards.
- PrintersNWTrader magazineEditor, 1989 - 1999I took pride in choosing, writing and editing complex technical articles and original news stories that were understandable and interesting. Our readers were printing professionals who needed to be aware of technology changes and trends. I created an editorial stylebook to streamline submissions by guest columnists. I shortened our production cycle from 10 days to 3 days. When I was promoted to Publisher, I was already in the process of transitioning the magazine from a manually pasted up product to a fully digital workflow. Digital features included FTP site, softproofing, collaborative workflow for offsite team members and customers, website and e-publication versioning, and more.
- City of Vancouver/Clark CountyVideo Producer/DirectorWhen I started, the department had minimal technology and little original programming. I built our local and statewide audience, increased programming to 24/7, wrote-directed-produced award-winning programming, created a program for sharing content with other municipalities, produced features for non-profit partners, specified and invested in ongoing technology upgrades, expanded capabilities to a full team of professionals operating two dedicated studios, a fleet of live-from-the-field vehicles, and an onsite head-end facility.
- Devine PhotographySalesI sold professional photography servicesin southern California, from Santa Barbara to San Diego. I also supervised production staff and managed workflows. I developed many repeatable production processes to improve accuracy and quality in an extremely detail-oriented environment. I also created an in-house mentorship program to reduce training time for new and returning seasonal workers.
- Graphics OneAssistant to the Art DirectorPrint production, paste up, typesetting, spectacular listening and diplomacy skills, ability to turn a customer idea into a comp for the art director, inspired workarounds.
- Independent Media ConsultantVideo TrainingI developed a media business in college serving non-profit organizations. I provided video production, writing, publishing, documentation, data management, and training. Ongoing clients included Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation, Michigan Media Film Library, Grand Blanc Public Schools and others.
- Just plain meHow I amI am able to: > conduct myself professionally and consistently > manage detail-oriented projects > meet deadlines > manage time optimally > write concisely for diverse audiences > interface professionally with culturally diverse groups > thrive in a fast-paced work environment > adapt to changing priorities > be objective and respectful under pressure > work both independently and as a team player > make you look good > help you find new opportunities for growth and profit
- PrintMediaCentr (current)
- Buzz (current)
- Social Solutions Collective (current)
- MyBinding.com (current)
- On the Road to Everywhere (past)
- Sandy Hubbard on My Google Plus (current)
- Sandy Hubbard on list.ly (current)
- Sandy Hubbard on #printchat (current)
- Seattle Bindery blog (past)
- Sandy Hubbard, Print Futurist (current)
- Sandy Hubbard on Slide Share (current)
- The DemandDesign Project (current)
- University of MichiganBachelor of Arts Degree - Double Major with Highest Honors in English and Film-Video Studies * National Merit Scholar * Michigan Alumnae Scholar
- University of Michigan Honors CollegeLiberal Arts
How To Create A Powerful And Positive Customer Experience | Print Media ...
by Chris Echevarria. An excellent customer experience is really about giving them insight into the future or long term framework in which yo
Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2013 - Color trend forecast Pantone
Pantone Fashion Color Report: Fall 2013 Fashion Color Forecast from Pantone and the designers of New York Fashion Week.
53 Actionable Content Marketing Metrics | Heidi Cohen
Content marketing is about attracting the right target audience and getting them to take appropriate action as a result of engaging with you
The Surprising Truth About High-Paying Clients And the Four Assumptions ...
Getting high-paying clients is an elusive goal for many freelance writers. It's not that high-paying clients don't exist. Or that there are
Why You Aren’t Getting Followed Back on Twitter - Slingshot SEO
Below is my three-part checklist for scanning Twitter profiles. This is critical to your social success on Twitter!
Social Media Biz Summit Hiring Students to Handle Social Media - Social ...
There’s an assumption that college students, because they’ve grown up with social media, possess the knowledge and understanding of how to u
Social media marketing - The case for small business
The case for small businesses using social media is strong - find out why
Home | Printing Industries of America - Printing.org
Printing Industries of America, along with its affiliates, delivers products and services that enhance the growth, efficiency, and profitabi
New Flexible Screen Technology For Displays | Print Media Centr
New Flexible Screen Technology For Displays. 6th December 2011 by Deborah Corn under Buyers, Digital Signage, Marketing, Print & Digital
Fresh Impressions on Brand Logo’s (from a 5-year-old) | Print Media Centr
This is just genius and cute. It's a true and unbiased reflection on the power of good design and the BRANDS even a 5 year old has a rel
The Power of Print: 11 Songs about Paper & Ink
Print and paper play a large role in our culture and mindset - a list of 11 songs that prove that point.
Amazon.com: Outliers: The Story of Success (9780316017923): Malcolm Glad...
Amazon.com: Outliers: The Story of Success (9780316017923): Malcolm Gladwell: Books
Your Touchscreen Can “Read” This Ink | Print Media Centr
Another technology to bridge print to digital. This one relies on Printers to embed an “invisible electronic code” during the printing proce