Umkhumbi Lodge is centrally located in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, with easy access to the wildlife areas of Hluhluwe-Imfolozi and Mkhuze National Parks, the endless sandy beaches of Sodwana & Kosi Bay, and one of South Africa's World heritage sites, Isimangaliso Wetland Park. There is the opportunity to spot all of the Big Five, abundant birdlife and on the beaches, both Loggerhead and Leatherback Turtles.
We have 6 air-conditioned luxury lodges, all nestled in unspoilt natural bush. Each lodge has 2 rooms with each it's own en-suite bathroom. An inter-leading door makes these units perfect for families, as kids can easily sleep close by while you still enjoy your privacy. Each bathroom has a bath and shower and rooms are fitted with a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, private veranda and air conditioning.
Spend your evenings swapping stories around a fire place in the secure and cosy Lapa area where you can enjoy your meals and drinks with other guests and guides.
Umkhumbi Lodge's closeness to several wildlife reserves means we are perfectly positioned to ensure guests experience the best of the region through our many activities and private tours:
- Guided and self guided trails on the property.
- Sodwana Bay experience, scuba diving and deep sea fishing.
- Tiger fishing - battle the legendary Tiger Fish at Lake Jozini.
- Scenic flights - experience a birds eye view of the whole region.
- 4x4 Game Drives to Hluhluwe-Imfolozi and Mkuze Game Reserves.
- Elephant encounters at Tembe Elephant Park.
- Turtle tours - experience Africa’s gentle giant - the magnificent Loggerhead and Leatherback turtles.
- Birding - over 900 species of abundant birdlife at the nearby game reserves.
- St Lucia - South Africa’s World Heritage site, with over 100 species of coral, over 8 inter-linking ecosystems.
- Zulu Croc Centre - exhilarating views of crocodiles in their natural environments.