I can't believe I have been selected to speak at Ignite Phoenix 11. Its certainly an honor to get to present with some of the best and brightest of the Phoenix community. I'll be talking about "The Most Important Animal in the World" and will discuss how the poisoning of one small mammal is impacting the water supply of 1.4+ billion people.
For those of you who don't know, Ignite is an event in which 18 people are given 5 min to talk about the thing they are the most passionate about- complete with a live band and a reception. Held at Scottsdale Center for the Arts, the event draws a fairly huge crowd and is a blast. I first attended at Ignite 9, and can honestly say it is one of the best events in the greater Phoenix area.
The event is October 28th, 6:30-9:30PM. Tickets go on sale October 8th at 10AM and will sell out instantaneously. As in, be at your desk at 10AM, set an alarm, and buy them right away.
I hope to see you guys there.
P.S. you better be watching online!
- ZendeskSr. Product Marketing Manager, 2014 - present
- DataSiftProduct Marketing Manager, 2013 - 2014
- ExactTarget (via CoTweet)Social Media Marketing Consultant, 2010 - 2013
- Sitewire2006 - 2010
- Off Madison Ave2010 - 2010
TL;DR: I'm a sr. product marketing manager at Zendesk, living in San Francisco and loving it. I heart playing outside, reading, yoga, wine and spending time with friends.
Hi there, nice to meet you. Unless we've already met. In that case, you might know me as katie van domelen. I got married. I like the way "katherine kelly" sounds, but you can still call me katie. Things to know about me:
- Graduated from: ASU, W.P Carey School of Business
- With a degree in: Marketing and English Lit
- Worked at: not one, but two great AZ agencies as a Social Media Manager
- Moved to: San Francisco to join the ExactTarget team
- Currently: Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Zendesk
I love to make lists (see above) and organize everything just so. I'm slightly sarcastic and am a champion inside joke referencer. I'm still getting the hang of analog clocks and prefer N-S-W-E to left and right. I'm an arts junkie - design, dance, music, photography - but not an artist. yet. I say I'm an amateur foodie but it's mainly an excuse. I consider every event an experience to enjoy. And apparently I use alliteration a lot.
Outside of work you'll find me exploring San Francisco, reading, drinking wine, watching house hunters, traveling, and - of course - spending time with my friends. And if you connect with me on any of the networks below you should expect an eclectic mix of all of the above.
- Arizona State University2004 - 2008
- Yahtzee With Buddies
- Snakes & Ladders King
- Rick and Morty:Jerry's Game