George Takei has some very strong opinions to share on Arizona's very foolish newly proposed law.
"It gives bigotry against us gays and lesbians a powerful and unprecedented weapon. But your mean-spirited representatives and senators know this. They also know that it is going to be struck down eventually by the courts. But they passed it anyway, just to make their hateful opinion of us crystal clear."
Let me be absolutely clear, I share and support his opinion on this matter.
I am disappointed with our legislature, I am concerned about our governor, and I will be watching those around me very closely to see which side of this issue they choose.
I have seen far too much hatred sowed, bile spouted and evil done in God's name. It is THE reason I can hold organized religion in such low regard yet so very much envy those with a strong personal faith.
Make no mistake, no decent or good person will benefit from this proposed law. No soul will be saved. No God will be honored.
This will have far-reaching ramifications and will not be limited to the supposed Christians who authored this travesty or the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual community they are so obviously targeting.
These misguided officials simply have no idea how this will be used well beyond their petty vindictive intents.
If it is signed into law, there will be only anger and sadness and suffering. Our country will not be divided but rather cleaved into pieces at a time when we so very much need to stand as one.
There are far more important issues to address:
- the loss of most of the honeybee population and the threat to our food supply
- the wide and seemingly unstoppable spread of cancers everywhere
- the poisons in our water, our food and our bodies
- the contempt of businesses for their own customers
- the working people who are struggling to merely survive
- the political unrest in one country after another
- the audacity of our own government and it's legal agents as they stomp through our bedrooms and our homes obliterating any notion of privacy
With all of that hanging over us, does it really make sense to turn on each other over the people with whom we fall in love.http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/razing-arizona#HB2153 #SB1062 #AZ #Arizona #LGBT