You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read.
You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride.
You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. -César Chávez
Dignity Health provides integrated, patient and family-centered
care to more than five million people annually. We are a diverse network of 40 hospitals and more than 150 care centers committed to delivering
compassionate, high-quality and affordable health care services.
Since 1986, our network of hospitals has existed under the name Catholic Healthcare West. Our name has officially changed to Dignity Health.
Our MissionDelivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services. Serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised. Partnering with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
A vibrant, national health care system known for service, chosen for clinical excellence, standing in partnership with patients, employees and physicians to improve the health of all communities served.
Dignity Health is committed to providing high-quality, affordable health care to the communities we serve. Above all else we value:
- Dignity - Respecting the inherent value and worth of each person.
- Collaboration - Working together with people who support common values and vision to achieve shared goals.
- Justice - Advocating for social change and acting in ways that promote respect for all persons and demonstrate compassion for our sisters and brothers who are powerless.
- Stewardship - Cultivating the resources entrusted to us to promote healing and wholeness.
- Excellence - Exceeding expectations through teamwork and innovation.