Finally got in to google+ - after trying for DAYS, seriously. This is gonna be AWESOME.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 19 previous comments
- It's not a claim of popularity. I'm pointing out that if you're seeing me in a particular way, and no one else sees me that way, you might be mistaken. I wasn't annoyed with you as of my first post; I was attempting to express surprise. By the time I said "For fuck's sake," I'll confess that I was being snarky; I felt that you were being inconsistent and was trying to point that out.
By "limited bandwidth," I meant that the whole range of body language and tone of voice, which humans seem to depend on, is missing from comments on the internet. There's good research showing that people misinterpret one another's intention and tone quite often in email and other internet media.
In any case: no harm intended, and I appreciate your kind words re: intelligence and rationality. I wouldn't have engaged at all if I didn't have a similar impression about you. I hope we can both step away without hard feelings, and I look forward to seeing what you have to say in the future.Jul 14, 2011
- I love my friends.Jul 14, 2011
- "just lemme know and see if any of your developer friends want it, too. don't forget to remind them you're doing them a favor. as for me, I'm just a nice guy"
So, Mike says this and my first response is "Man, I must like this guy a lot because even when he says so I don't see the offense... no matter who is pointing it out, I just can't see it when my best friends are doing or saying something that should (supposedly) offend me. Maybe this is a weakness, I don't really think so - in fact, I truly believe the opposite. I'm actually only posting it here (as opposed to a new post on my profile, or on Mike's profile, a private post or something [after all it was a private email, and I hope posting it here isn't a violation of trust somehow but that feeds even further into the idea I'm attempting to explore] I want it here, where only the three of us are likely to give a shit) at the end of our kind of ridiculously long some-might-call-it-a-debate-while-such-label-causes-others-to-feel-the-urge-to-hurl...it's about as private as I can get while still leaving the door ajar for someone else who loves or cares about us - or, imagine this: The subject (did we end up with a subject?) - will find it.
Anyway blah blah blah I think it's because I have awesome friends and I'm awesome...but whatever. The point is, whether it was Mike saying that Egg is being an alpha male and caustic, or Egg saying that Mike is being prickly or whatever else either of them said, or especially one of them saying something I should've found offensive to myself, I find it impossible to quantify it or feel it.
So Joe, what the loving FUCK is your point, you say? Well, simply and exclusively that I think this is something we kind of have in common, and furthermore I believe that one of the reasons is that not only do we have this particular characteristic, but we have another (which is a major reason you guys are some of my best friends): we are fiercely loyal and protective of our friends...and not in the manner of the beefcake with the popped collar and the bud-light-breath who gets in your face at the bar because you've somehow besmirched the honor of his "homies" but in a brotherly way. A kind way. I kind of think that these overwhelmingly awesome traits may have been what caused the two of you to experience so much friction, and for that, I must personally take responsibility and assume the blame!
Why else have I posted it here? Well, I have three further bad reasons as well. Allow me to list them:
1. I wanted to kiss your asses. Really.. :)
2. I was bored, couldn't sleep, nothing on the TV, and Kris is talking to her family in Latvia. Furthermore, I have three tabs open about creepy unexplained stuff - two of them are on the Dyatlov Pass Incident. That stuff is scary, and I know I'm going to read it if I don't keep myself busy. That's some scary stuff, man.
3. Finally, just check out the formatting we can do on google plus! Italics, bold,
I didn't use the strikethroughedit: I used the strikethrough AND edit feature - I think that's a perfect score...
Honestly it's a toss-up between #1 & #3. I'm also doing this on an iPad with Bluetooth keyboard. I think a wifi-only iPad 2 (tethered to my phone for 'net access anywhere) will certainly be my primary machine now. This, a desktop, the aforementioned iPhone, and a terabyte Time Capsule should be the ultimate combo. Do either of you think I need a secondary keyboard for this rig? How about the iPad dock with the video out, to hook it up to my TV? I'm pretty excited about how well this gear works for my needs...
Anyway, so now I'm going to try and get some sleep. Maybe if we change the subject some more, we can make this thread even more ridiculously long. Have at it, gents. Love you both.Jul 18, 2011
- I appreciate the nice comments...but I'm not sure where the initial comment (in quotation marks) is coming from or what the context is.Jul 18, 2011
- Mike...I don't have an Adderall scrip. :). LulzJul 18, 2011
- ...and yeah, still on Dyatlov. Something happened out there. It's the most unexplained thing I have yet come across. That's saying something.Jul 18, 2011