Here's a Venn diagram I created to position Social Learning at the intersection of formal and informal learning.
20 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- i like the middle cross-section which essentially is saying that kinesthetic hands-on learning is the best.Apr 24, 2012
- I guess I disagree that all teaching is top-down, authoritative, and hierarchical but it's a nice visualApr 24, 2012
- maybe you are thinking about learning?Apr 24, 2012
- Where I went to college the professors guided the classes and provided structure and guidance, but it was the students through conversation that taught each other. This was about 70% of my undergraduate courses.Apr 24, 2012
- The key to me is the labeling of the graphic. It's called learning, not education and that is already a pivot in the right direction. Education 2.0 or 3.0 is not education... it's learning.Apr 24, 2012
- One limitation of this graphic is that the informal/formal circles are the same size. In workplace learning, we know from research that informal is ~ 95%Apr 25, 2012
Add a comment...