Sign up today.
Connecticut Authors & Publishers Association CAPA Mini-University: A One Day Event of 3 Intensive Workshops with Renowned Marketing Expert Brian Jud.
Saturday June 25, 2016 10:00am - 4:00pm
To Register, download form at: www.aboutcapa.com
– or - www.bookapss.org/JudMiniU.pdf
10:15AM-11:45AM – What is special sales (non-bookstore marketing) and how you can sell more books in large, non-returnable quantities
• A comparison of retail vs. non-retail buyers: once you understand the pros and cons of these two segments you can approach them effectively and efficiently
• Ten benefits of special sales: ten reasons why you made a good decision to sell to non-bookstore buyers
• Fastart™ checklist: an overview of all the steps you can take and in order in which to take them
• Define your target readers and buyers. Who are the people who can benefit the most from reading your content? Who else? Where do they work? Shop? Associate? Go to school? Who could be a decision influencer? The answers to these questions will make all your promotion and selling efforts ore effective and efficient.
12:30PM-1:30PM - How to find and contact prospects among non-retail buyers.
Create a prospect list to find new buyers for your books among buyers in non-retail segments. These could be marketing people, HR managers, sales managers, association meeting planners, and prospects at government agencies, military buyers, libraries, book clubs or at schools.
1:45PM-3:30PM - How to find and contact prospects among retail buyers.
You are already familiar with this sector – it’s just like selling through bookstores. You find distributors or wholesalers to get your books into retail outlets where they are sold off the shelf to consumers. Payments are made in two or three months and unsold books are returned. Examples of non-bookstore retailers are discount stores and warehouse clubs, airport stores, supermarkets and pharmacies, museums, zoos and national parks, gift shops, and specialty stores.
Refreshments & Lunch Included.
* Special bonus included for those attending the workshop.