System Administrator, 2014 - present
City of Kinston - Dept. of Public Safety
Technology Specialist, 2013 - 2014
Avionics Technician, 2002 - 2011
• Identified / isolated F-15 (C/D/E) and F-22 integrated avionics systems; analyzed performance, maintained and repaired RADAR, TACAN, EGI/INS, AFCS, and UHF/VHF/SATCOM systems as well as others
• Discovered simple fix to a speed brake problem that stumped more experienced technicians, saving 18+ hours of work
• Managed upgrades of 21 F-15E Fighter Data Link, ensuring efficient use of resources and completion of all work 15 hours ahead of schedule
• Knowledgeable with complex wiring diagrams; rebuilt two burnt wiring harnesses (each with 80+ wires) for the Radar Warning System in ~14 hours including system’s checks, ensuring the aircraft made the afternoon flights
• Created and maintained precision RF and fiber optic cables for both avionics systems as well as local base network
• Supervised 15 avionics specialists, performed performance reviews, created training regimes for new personnel
• Maintained accurate aircraft parking location GPS data for use with initial setup of Inertial Navigation System after replacement of INU
Sales Associate, 1995 - 2002
• Team player; utilized customer service, loss prevention, and retail sales skills that directly contributed to store selling $1M+ each year
• Diagnosed customers' electronic problems and provided solutions in repair or replacement.
• Performed computer maintenance and upgrade services.
• Encouraged service plan sales with all appropriate merchandise.
• Performed initial setup for multiple brands of mobile phones on various carriers
• Followed planograms, stocked, inventoried merchandise, and other duties as needed
Debrief Systems Manager, 2011 - 2013
Determined maintenance tasks based on pilot data input in automated systems. Ensured efficiency of information distribution to various managers, as well as analyzed fault trend histories. Maintained computer systems for ~180 various users and guaranteed availability of assets for travel.
• Spearheaded rapid deployment of temporary onsite computer networks and coordinated local network security clearances in Afghanistan, Japan, and the UK
• Provided local support for ~180 PC’s, diagnosing user issues and either repairing onsite or creating trouble tickets for offsite repair
• Maintained sensitive data for multiple units, each with over 5 years / 18 GB of critical Excel , Access, and proprietary data, ensuring systems kept up to date with latest security patches