Profile cover photo
Profile photo
www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com
102 followers -
A Home and Garden Resource for Country Living, Homesteading and Self-Sufficiency.
A Home and Garden Resource for Country Living, Homesteading and Self-Sufficiency.

102 followers
About
Posts

Post has attachment
Home canning has started! To date I have canned wild plums, and am about to start on my tomatoes. Canning vegetables and canning fruit now will mean you will buy less and you will have jars of great food to eat throughout the year. See more info on canning tomatoes, and even baby food.
Add a comment...

If you keep livestock, you may want to get yourself a livestock guardian dog to keep your sheep, goats, cows etc. safe from predators. Gypsy, our resident blogger for Countryfarm Lifestyles has written an article on her experiences with LGDs and her Akbash dogs that she has for predator protection. She also looks at myths surrounding livestock guardian dogs and their temperaments.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
12 Essential Garden Tools no Gardener Should be Without!

So you are just starting out in gardening, or you have been around the block a bit, but still don't like the garden tools you have. See what you should be looking for when buying your new gardening equipment and what it is you need rather than want.

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/essential-garden-tools.html
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
With all the ridiculous laws and regulations around for farmers these days, many of which make no sense at all, necessity is the mother of invention! Love the way this farmer beat the system!!!
Genius...wouldn't you agree?
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
Wash you fruit and vegetables with common vinegar to get rid of the residue and wax. A simple recipe worth using.
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Some Stain Removal Tips for Laundry Days

Go to the website for more info. And don't forget to save this to your timeline so that you will always have it as a reference.

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/stain-removal.html
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
The Difference between Grass Fed and Grain Fed Cattle.

All meat is not equal. I remember, not so long ago, picking up a whole chicken at an Australian supermarket that had on the packed 95% chicken. And I thought to myself, seriously? If this whole chicken is only 95% what the hell are people eating in the other 5%? Frightening stuff!

It is the same with beef. See which beef you should buy so that your meat is clean and uncontaminated.
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
A Simple Reference Chart for the Good Bugs and the Bad Bugs found in most Gardens.

Remember to always get rid of these common garden pests using natural, organic pest control. See our website for more details and recipes. NEVER use Bayer or other similar products as you will end up killing our precious bees.
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
BREAKING NEWS: Sri Lankan President Bans Sale of Roundup on the Heels of Recent Chronic Kidney Disease Study. Sri Lanka has become the first country to ban the sale of Monsanto’s Roundup glyphosate herbicide after the Sri Lankan study found that the herbicide is responsible for the increasing number of chronic kidney disease patients.

Let us hope that many more will follow!
Photo
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded