AddThis, ShareThis, and AddToAny are now natively instrumented with Google Analytics Social Plugin tracking!
Google Analytics Blog: Optimize Engagement using AddThis and ShareThis with Analytics
Labels. Advanced Topics (54); AdWords (9); Analytics API (29); Announcements (90); Back to Basics Series (28); Beginner Topics (40); Business Insights (48); Code and Configuration (36); Custom Reports...
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- We used this recently on a high profile retailer website. This is a great feature but the only challenge was to be able to track both events and social. TrackSocial doesn't align with Goals so we had to also do a 'manual' workaround for trackEvent. Addthis doesn't let you do both calls at same time. Are there plans to make social part of goals soon?
JimOct 28, 2011
- Great suggestion Jim: we will work to enable Social hit as goals.Oct 28, 2011
- I take it these plugins no longer flushes cookies if setDomainName is used. At least AddThis used to do that.Oct 29, 2011
- Eager to try this out, thanks!Oct 29, 2011
- , AddThis still flushes the cookie if setDomainName is used.Nov 22, 2011