The Season Two premiere airs tonight (Sunday) at 8pm on CET!
CET is a leading provider of education and enrichment in classrooms and living rooms throughout Greater Cincinnati. Through PBS and local programming, innovative multimedia curriculum projects, parent workshops and teacher training, CET positively impacts millions of lives in our community.
Consider, for example, that:
- CET annually conducts approximately 100 free workshops for parents and in-home caregivers each year, focusing on everything from reading readiness, to conflict resolution, as well as how to make the most of children's television viewing.
- CET partners with a variety of organizations - including Head Start, Cooperative Extension Services, libraries, museums, arts organizations, learning institutions and local businesses - to educate and enrich the community around us.
- CET is a leader in stimulating community dialog. Through a national grant and partnerships with national and local organizations, CET's Common Ground Initiative got our region talking about race relations. More importantly, it helped get our region moving in the right direction.
- CET distributes 300 free books to children each month, opening young minds to a world of possibilities.
- CET is a technological dynamo, being the first public broadcasting station in Ohio to go digital and still the only station in Cincinnati to consistently broadcast in high definition. CET also multicasts, meaning it can broadcast multiple programs at the same time from the same channel.
- CET further puts its technology to work in video-on-demand services -- such as CETconnect -- enhanced television services, videostreaming and datacasting. Direct fiber optic access to satellite terminals and multiple levels of online and Internet services enable teachers to access specific programs for their classrooms any time."
And then there's the programming. For more than 50 years, CET has been bringing Greater Cincinnati television that stimulates the imagination, challenges the intellect, encourages achievement and celebrates diversity. News. The arts. Politics. Analysis. Humor. Education. The classics. They're all on CET, and they're all available in more ways than ever before.
CET's mission is to use its resources to educate, enrich and engage the communities it serves. CET can do that only with your continued help. To learn more about how to support CET, its work and its mission, click on the "donate" button at the top of the page, or call 513-381-4033.
CET makes a difference in the way you and your neighbors live, learn and enjoy. You can, too.
1223 Central Parkway Cincinnati, OH 45214