Hmm, MIT seems to be off the network at the moment. I'm not able to ping any 18...* address from either Comcast or my Linode host. Anyone else notice, or know what's up?
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Works for me now.Jan 13, 2013
- I saw several sources report that they were having difficulty reaching MIT's network today, and hypothesizing a DDoS attack against MIT in the wake of Aaron Swartz's suicide.Jan 13, 2013
- given that the MIT website got defaced with a memorial page for swartz, i'd say the "oh it's just a bgp flap" was probably off the markJan 14, 2013
- was wrong on that one...Jan 14, 2013
- Jan 14, 2013
- From what I saw on zephyr, the "MIT Website" that got defaced was actually some undermaintained departmental IIS Windows box.Jan 14, 2013
Add a comment...