Linux on #chromebookpixel update: Per the latest updates (thanks to for bringing them to my attention), I've pulled the latest kernel git from 's repository as of this afternoon, and included a script to download and install the DSP firmware, which should get rid of the audio artifacts. I think it may have also fixed the master volume control. As always, all source and the config are included. Please let me know how these work for you. I think I'm OK on the licensing department, but please let me know if I've screwed up.
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- I ended up making the search key into mode_switch and now search + bksp = delete, and search + arrow keys = home end pgup pgdn.
For volume control, I set up xfce hotkeys for alt + function keys for amixer
q set PCM 5%+ and 5%. For mute, set PCM 0, couldn't quickly think of a good unmute solution, but it isn't a big deal to just volume up from zero.
For screen brightness, again xfce hotkeys for function keys with alt and I used xbacklight -inc 10 and -dec 10.
Thanks for the kernel, keep up the good work! I hope the keyboard backlight and the light bar can be toggled in the future. :-)Apr 21, 2013
- I tried the delete combo but couldn't make it work, how did you do that?Apr 21, 2013
- Here's my .Xmodmap: http://jope.fi/pixel-xmodmap
Search alone = mode switch, so pressing it with the arrows + bksp gives me what I wrote above. Shift + search toggles caps lock.
I'm from Finland, so my right Alt is AltGr (ISO_Level3_Shift). I'm considering reconfiguring my modmap so that I make all level3 shifted characters come out when I mode switch instead, that way I could just use altgr for all of this.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make home end etc. work when I put those in place of the level3 keysyms.. It seems mode_switch is interpreted differently than the level3 shift, or the regular shift.Apr 21, 2013
- I Installed Installing Debian Wheezy (7.0) on my pixel and applied the .deb packages here(kernel_3.9.0_2013-05-06):
and added the following lines to the /etc/modules
tpm_tis force=1 interrupts=0
Unfortunately my right alt key is not working anymore. If I check with xev there is no event for the key. Am I missing something? I didn't do anything with the config file from the drive(kernel_3.9.0_2013-05-06), and I also did not apply any scripts from there.
Are there newer .deb files?May 29, 2013
- Not too familiar with updating the kernel. How is the config file being used? Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks.Jun 1, 2013
- Jun 2, 2013
Add a comment...