Percy E. Murray has over 20 years of experience in fundraising with universities and non-profits. He has managed many types of fund raising programs, including feasibility studies, capital campaigns, major gifts, direct mail, and telemarketing programs. His focus is primarily on gifts from individuals, particular via peer solicitation, corporate and foundation fund raising. He has helped many charities with their first campaigns.
As well as working in the fund raising field, he has served Chair of the Department of History, Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, Vice Chancellor of Institutional Advancement, and Special Assistant to the Chancellor at North Carolina Central University. Percy E. Murray received his Bachelors of Arts in history from North Carolina Central University in 1970, Masters of Arts in history in 1972 from North Carolina Central University, and the Ph.D. in history from Miami University (Ohio) in 1977. He has served as Executive Director of a regional Mental Health Association as well as serving as a member of the Board of Directors of several local non-profits.
- North Carolina Central UniversityBA, History, 1966 - 1970
- North Carolina Central UniversityMA, History, 1970 - 1972
- Miami UniversityPh.D., History, 1973 - 1977
- North Carolina Central UniversityProfessor, 1979 - 2010
- Winston-Salem State UniversityInstructor, 1971 - 1972
- Miami UniversityVisiting Professor, 1972 - 1973
- Fayetteville State UniversityProfessor, 1976 - 1979