I don't know how this works....but it's awesome. Seriously. Watch it.
At 1904 pages, this is likely the longest suicide note in history.
A young man comes to the conclusion that the illusion of meaning is created by self-perpetuating biases introduced over time by evolution and realizes that he wants to have no part in it. Adopting this strong nihilistic stance (that he develops in his suicide note in great length), he eventually acts on it. He calls it "rational self-destruction"
A rational position?
What conclusions do you take away from this?
Is philosophy dangerous?
Having read some of it, I can attest to the fact that this is truly a remarkable document. As to the question whether it should be read or shared - the author explicitly expresses his hopes that his arguments will be a given a fair hearing and that his work will be judged on his merits whereas he fully expects it to be repressed (given his understanding of the world).
h/t to Dario Maestripieri from the University of Chicago who wrote this piece http://my.psychologytoday.com/blog/games-primates-play/201203/chronicle-death-foretold about the story
and to who brought it to my attention.
Quote: "...even adjust your race" Heh!
Thanks for sharing this :D
- boils at anything
- can freeze anytime
- melts if handled with love and care
- very bitter if mishandled
- very reactive
- highly unstable
- possesses high affinity for gold
- volatile when left alone
- Animals and their rights for humane treatment, I do not support the use of testing any product on them. We have so many social deviants in the criminal system - let their lives not be a total waste..
- I currently have seven cats (but consider myself still a dog person, and have a serious interest in Sugar Gliders)
- Little Miss AKA PRINCESS
- Lacey AKA TUBBY
- Pickles AKA FUZZ-BUTT
- Ratio AKA MONKEY
- Chloe AKA ANGEL
- Janie AKA BRAT
- Kaycee AKA KING OF CHAOS
- Swimming (pools are preferred - the Jaws movies crippled me emotionally for life - However didn't think about it when I was on vacation in Cuba) Hot tubs are good too!
- Cures for the conditions in life that I can not control and assist in making me the bitter bitch that I can be so easily most days
- Drivers who are: drunk, drugged up, or do not use snow tires in a Canadian winter
- Food like substances such as: mushrooms and that WTF beverage that food kiosks in First Markham Mall try to give to you with your food purchases
- Personal traits such as: bulling, dishonesty (total or with-holding of information), jumping on top of a conversation, ignorance with un-willingness to be educated, and cancelling engagements that take the joy out of my life.
- Junk Mail (e-mail, or snail mail) and anyone that has, is, or will try to sell something to me
- Powassan Junior PublicGrades 1 through 4, 1981 - 1985
- South Himsworth PublicGrades 5 & 6, 1985 - 1987
- Mapleridge SecondaryGrades 7 & 8, 1987 - 1989
- St. Joseph's Scollard HallOntario Secondary School Diploma and several "grade 13 credits", 1989 - 1994
- DeVry - ScarboroughElectronic Engineering Technician, 1994 - 1996
- R.C.C. (Radio College of Canada)Electronic Engineering Technologist, 1996 - 1998
- "If I only had a Brain..."currently on sick leave due to a MS attack., 2011 - present
- Noble - A RONA CompanyProduct File Integration Specialist, 2011 - 2011
- VitalAire Canada Inc.Product File Administrator, 2006 - 2011
- Artaflex Inc. (previously Valtrie Marketing)Quality and Documentation Specialist, 2002 - 2006
- Mist Inc. - N.B.S. Inc (National Banking Systems)Production Coordinator, 2001 - 2002
- Baranti Group Inc.New Product Introduction Specialist, 1999 - 2001
- D.S.C. (Digital Security Control)Electronic Engineering Technician, 1997 - 1999
- Self EmployeedDesktop Publishing, 1994 - 2010
Mrs Brown's Orgasmic Phone Call - Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 3 Episode 5 ...
More about this programme: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qdwfy Buster brings home a new smartphone that causes some interesting vibrati
The Operating Room of the Future - InSightec - Dr. Kobi Vortman Technion...
Film made by Cadenza Film Productions http://www.cadenza.co.il/ InSightec® is the pioneer and global leader in MR guided Focused Ultrasound
I keep getting invited to weddings – and I’m not happy about it
I’ve showed up at friends’ nuptials more than 50 times in the last seven years, and I’m starting to feel used
Spectacular footage Train plowing through deep snow Arthurs Pass
Kiwirail attempting to plow a route through to Christchurch today from Arthurs Pass made for some spectacular images. 07 June 2012
YouTube - Kittywood Studios: Cat Videos Incorporated
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, which You
All I Want for Christmas is the Leafs to Win the Cup - from Helix
CLICK HERE TO ORDER! http://www.planethelix.com/Store/CDs.htm CLICK HERE TO ORDER and see more info!!! http://helixrockband.bandcamp.com Inf