Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Stephanie Hock Fine Art
15 followers -
Artist, Painter, Impressionist, Acrylic, Art
Artist, Painter, Impressionist, Acrylic, Art

15 followers
About
Posts

Post has attachment
By far, the question I get asked most often is "how do you make time to paint with four small kids?" I've answered this a few times before in blog posts, but they've been just snippets of the whole answer. Sometimes they (wrongly) make me seem like a super woman with twelve arms who is able to stroke my baby's heads while standing at the easel mastering my brushstrokes, as if I can do both jobs perfectly at the same time. That might be true 3% of the time, when no one's crying and I'm endlessly patient and we enjoy all that's good about mothering and art and working from home... But here is my answer for the other 97% of the time.

Post has attachment
happy to be in the studio today!

Post has attachment
My five year olds are at preschool, my one year old is napping, and, in a rare turn of events, my two and a half year old is actually napping today too! A quiet house is bliss... #naptime #fruit #color #momartist #quiethouse #siblings

Post has attachment
I've got a couple paintings in the Holladay Fine Art Show, including this one, "Family Reunion." The show opens tonight and just goes until next weekend. Check it out if you're that way and need a free date night (address and times on my site www.stephaniehock.com/events)! #fruit #stilllife #utahartist #stephaniehockart #holladay #holladayfineartsshow
Photo

Post has attachment
My husband and I want to see a movie this weekend for Valentines. Have you seen any good ones recently? Any you'd recommend? (we're open to all suggestions since the last time we went to the theater together was probably a year ago... life with small kids ;)

Post has attachment
Taking over the kitchen table sketching out some small paintings for the week (while my daughters rock out to a barbie movie in the next room... death by techno beats). All I want to paint these days is city scenes 🌇😍. #urbanlife #monday #drawing #stephaniehockart #artist

Post has attachment
I was asked awhile ago by a couple followers about which artists are my favorite and how I adopted my technique. I answered them in a blog post: www.stephaniehock.com/blog That was fun to think about and write. Any other questions for me?
Photo

Post has attachment
My parents went to New York City a few months back, and I told them to take as many pictures for me as they could. It's been so fun to go back through them and find these little snippets of stories everywhere. #nyc #newyork #tourist #originalart #stephaniehockart

Post has attachment
I love New York City so much. I'm from Salt Lake City, UT, which seems about as far away from New York as you can get. Every time I go, I'm filled with so much wonder at the city. Every corner you turn around, every shop, every street are filled with so many different stories. I look at the people and wonder if their whole lives are contained in a three block radius. I love how much color fills the space and how it all reflects off those tall glass buildings in every direction and the signs that are bigger than my entire house. I love the pedestrians, cafes, taxi cabs and, yes, even all the street signs. I'm definitely not the first person to have a love affair with this place, but I humbly submit my heart to the city that had me at hello. I'll paint you forever, NYC. #NYC #NewYork #streetsign #city #stephaniehockart

Post has attachment
There are few things more joyous than being a little kid on Christmas morning.
Wait while more posts are being loaded