I'm a science writer interested in most fields of science, and
exploring how to make better use of the online environment for
providing scientific information to a curious, engaged, but not
I've done formal graduate work in mathematics and political science,
learned a great deal of astrophysics independently, and learned much
computer science through work experience.
Also learned a smattering of cell and molecular biology along the way.
If you're interested in checking the sorts of things I write about, have a look at my blogs: Today's Science
, Science and Reason
And besides those, I post stories from other sources about interesting science news at Science Briefs
My stream will contain entries for new posts in these blogs (unless I forget to add them), along with other fairly random things.
New blog posts will also be noted on Facebook
- but I mostly use Google+, so very seldom interact on the others.
Random (other) things that interest me:
Some music I like:
• G Minor Fugue (Bach, BWV 578)
• Mozart horn concertos
• Finlandia (Sibelius)
• Symphony No. 1, 1st movement (Brahms)
• Appalachian Spring, Simple Gifts (Copland)
• Marche Slave (Tchaikovsky)
• Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)
• Symphony No. 7 (Beethoven)
• Aida, Grand March (Verdi)
• Ballades (Chopin)
• Pictures at an Exhibition (Mussorgsky)
• Cello Concerto No. 2 (Dvořák)