Yes! I was in Vietnam. I do not go out there once. When I was growing up, the Americans went home.
- We were taught about the Communism, Communism in developing countries, Mexico, Nicaragua, Chile and throughout the Americas
- Please thank those Americans who fought to stop that crazy dream!
- Vietnam's less painful than it is today thanks to the U.S. (which is not the will of Communism)
- Vietnam war involving the contribution of all the socialist countries and they have been economically exhausted, confusion, conflict, division, disbanded in the '80s
Mike began his writing career as a combat correspondent and photojournalist in the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War. He rose from the rank of private to sergeant in only 15 months.
As a stateside reporter, he received national awards for investigative and community service journalism. He also worked as an aide to former U. S. Rep. Louis Stokes of Ohio, fighting for human rights in Taiwan and the Soviet Union and better health care for military veterans.
As press secretary and marketing manager for the administration of former Cleveland Mayor Michael R. White, Mike helped Cleveland become known at America's comeback city in the 1990s and championed the causes of veterans, serving as Liaison for Veterans and Military Affairs. He was an organizer of Veterans for Clinton in Ohio and worked with former President Clinton's national election campaigns in 1992 and 1996.
Now, Mike has returned to writing poetry and creative prose. Working with musicians, his stories become avant-garde lyrical poetry songs. He's recorded a sample album, "Notebook Writer" and has performed in music clubs, bookstores, cafes and events in New York City, Cleveland, Baltimore, Tulsa and St. Augustine, FL. Mike is #31 on the New York City folk charts on ReverbNation and as high as #26 Hot Folk Artists in the world. Mike Marcellino on ReverbNation
Mike began song writing and music career in 2008 as the band Split Pea/ce with musician and artist Abe Olvido in Cleveland.
Now, as Mike Marcellino with musicians Tomas Texino and Randall Leddy, he's recorded 10 songs, including new singles "Scottish Pipes" and "Into the nowhere zone" His songs cover the waterfront from surfing Bondi Beach, Australia and a human rights mission in Taiwan to western songs of West Texas and New Mexico.
His blog, Notebook Writer ranks #3 in poetry & #7 in music among Networked Blogs. Notebook Writer blog
Mike is on leave as host of the popular Internet radio show, "Notebook Writer" about writers on Blog Talk Radio.
- Defense Information Schooljournalism, photography, 1966 - 1966
- Wake Forest Universitypolitical science/history, 1961 - 1964
- Mike MarcellinoLyrical poet and performing artist, 2008 - present
- Mike Marcellino CommunicationsNational award-winning journalist, writer, poet in a folk band, 1987 - present
- City of ClevelandPress secretary, marketing manager, veterans & military liaison, 1989 - 1998
- Congressman Louis StokesCommunity relations specialist, 1983 - 1987
- Sun NewspapersReporter, 1974 - 1983
- The TelebraphReporter, 1969 - 1974
- U. S. Armycombat correspondent, photojournalist, information office manager, 1965 - 1968