I got an email about this and thought this might be of interest to this group. Through IISME**, you can work at Cisco Systems this summer and get paid to tinker with Arduinos and Raspberry Pis!
Cisco Systems – Milpitas
Assist with an education project part of Cisco’s Internet of Everything (IoE) initiative, which connects people, process, data, and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before. The IISME Fellow will review and test a variety of learning experiences, including: labs, simulations, problems, projects, assessments, games, and hackathons. Topical focus will be the Internet of Things and Big Data.
Preferred background/experience includes: A tinkering spirit and either excellent electronics/programming skills (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Python).
**The IISME Summer Fellowship Program places eligible K-16 teachers into high-performance corporate and science-research environments for the summer. Teachers work full-time for 8 weeks and are paid $8,200 for their work. 90% of the paid time is dedicated to completing a project for their Host organization. The other 10% of the paid time is devoted to focusing on how they will transfer their Summer Fellowship experience back to their students and colleagues. By working at one of IISME’s Host organizations, teachers experience, first hand, the practical applications of the science, math, technology and 21st Century skills they teach. The Summer Fellowship experience becomes a springboard for infusing curriculum with “real world” connections that further engage students in learning.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: http://www.iisme.org/teachers