ligHting / Operating instructiOns FOr
use witH HOse cOnnected tO a reMOte
cYlinder, MaXiMuM siZe 20 lBs:
• This Heater may be used in a recreational enclosure or
temporary construction work enclosure with a remote
refillable propane cylinder ONLY when the cylinder is
located outdoors and the Heater is used with Mr. Heater
Hose No. F273701, F273702 or F272702 and fuel filter
F273699. Fuel filter must be replaced annually. (NOTE:
Do not operate without the fuel filter as fuel contamina-
tion may damage the heater.) Or use green F273704
Buddy series hose. Fuel filter not required.
• danger: NEVER bring a refillable propane cylinder
indoors. A fire or explosion can occur causing property
damage, serious injury or death!
• Inspect the hose before each use of the heater. If there
is excessive abrasion or wear, or the hose is cut, replace
prior to using the heater with one of the Mr. Heater
Hose No’s. shown above.
• The propane cylinder must include a listed overfilling
protection device as well as a collar to protect the cylin-
• Heater must be in an upright position during operation.
• Make sure four-position Control Knob is in “OFF” posi-
tion; see Figure 1, at left.
• Swivel regulator outward for easy hose installation.
DO NOT OPERATE HEATER UNLESS CONTROL KNOB IS
LOCKED IN A POSITION MARKED “HI”, “LO” or “PILOT”.
NEVER SET CONTROL KNOB BETWEEN LOCKED POSI-
TIONS. POOR COMBUSTION AND HIGHER LEVELS OF
CARBON MONOXIDE MAY RESULT.
• to shut off heater, shut off propane at supply tank,
allow heater to use‑up propane in supply line un‑
til heater shuts off, then slightly push down and
turn control Knob clockwise to “OFF” position.
• cautiOn: After turning heater off, wire guard will
remain hot. Allow to thoroughly cool before storing.
• When not in use, the gas must be turned off at the
LP-gas supply cylinder. As stated before allow heater
to use up propane in supply line until heater shuts off.
When the LP-gas supply cylinder is not disconnected
from the heater, the heater and the cylinder must be
stored outdoors, in a well ventilated space, out of reach
of children, and must not be stored in a building, garage
or any other enclosed area.
• Indoor storage of the heater is permissible only if the
cylinder is disconnected and removed from the heater.
Cylinders must be stored outdoors out of the reach of
children and must not be stored in a building, garage or
any other enclosed area.