Read Solvej Schou's piece on the importance of libraries in schools.
The purple pigment in heirloom carrots is anthocyanin. Anthocyanins are a type of flavonoid, which give many fruits and vegetables their deep rich colours. They have anti-oxidant effects, and may also have anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and even cancer-preventing effects.
Some think the reason the orange carrot became so popular in the Netherlands was in tribute to the emblem of the House of Orange and the struggle for Dutch independence. While this is possible, it also might have just been because orange carrots are sweeter and often more plump.
- FCPSLibrarian, presentTeacher-Librarian inspiring students to learn through making & creating.
- SelfInformation Broker, 1999 - present
- Florida State UniversityLibrary & Information Systems, 2010 - 2013MLIS in Library & Information Systems, focused on School Media with certificate work in Information Architecture
- Trinity College, DublinAnglo-Irish Literature, 1988 - 1989
- University of Southern CaliforniaEnglish, 1982 - 1986
Photoshop tutorial: Create better-than-Instagram vintage photos in Photo...
Google senior designer Fabio Sasso recreates the look of flawed 1960s colour snaps.
Facebook Hit With Lawsuit: Could This Spell The End Of The Social Giant?
Facebook, the popular social network with over a billion users world wide, has just been hit with a class-action lawsuit. The allegations, r
Meet the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm
Safety shouldn't be annoying. The Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm quiets down when you wave - no more swinging towels or b
Teen Orphan Tugs at Churchgoers' Heartstrings to Find a Family
A West Florida teen who's been raised in foster care pleaded for a family to take him in during a Sunday service. Will his innocence and fai