8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Not sure which KS you're specifically addressing here, but one nice thing that Kickstarter now does is allows you to put in automatic upcharges for overseas rewards.
So in my case, I factored the shipping into the pledge levels, and added something to cushion the foreign shipping costs, if applicable. It's quite handy-- wish they had had that feature when I did my first one!Dec 30, 2012
- I was annoyed by this, too, Rob. I had to go back to the Kickstarter page for this project to see if it was mentioned anywhere--and indeed it was buried at the bottom. So I will grudgingly fork over the $13. I also agree that this was just a bad decision on their part and not a "trick."Dec 30, 2012
- That's immensely irritating. A big draw of Kickstarter for me has been knowing all my costs, perks, etc. are in one flat price and transaction. I'll need to watch for this.
I'm not sure which KS you're referencing, but that's a poor decision on their part, and one that probably won't bode well for their future endeavors. A shame.Dec 30, 2012
- Naming names because enough clues have been given via the other details: It's the Frog God Games Swords & Wizardry hardcover.
This is how FGG has done all it's kick starters IIRC. I knew there would be a separate shipping charge going into the Kickstarter, so the second bill wasn't a surprise to me.
Besides the shipping charge itself, one other potential disappointment is that their shipping charges are built around Priority Mail, and there isn't a cheaper media mail or parcel post option.
But again, I already had experience with that on a previous FGG Kickstarter, so the actual price of the shipping wasn't a surprise to me.Dec 30, 2012
- One of the things I have really appreciated about Evil Hat's Fate Core KS was that shipping charges were explicitly included in the pledge and there was a separate pledge for foreign shipping that was an additional $10. Also, the shipping on extra books you bought during the pledge were $5. I'll go back to Evil Hat again.Apr 20, 2013
- It really helps now that Kickstarter allows for an automatic surcharge for overseas shipping. Makes that process a lot easier than it did last year.Apr 20, 2013