Tonight Thursday, May 14th at 6pm
at Queen's Pizzeria & Cafe
127 West Main Street, Mesa
1. Jodi Sorrell of City of Mesa Transit (bus/light rail operations)
2. Rob Antoniak of Valley Metro (update on light rail construction).
Follow Up Items:
- Wayfinding prototype - results
- Bike Audit findings / next steps
Other items still needing attention:
-Data Center Proposal
-Protesters/Hate Speech on Main St.
-Monthly RAILmesa Happy Hour
#RAILmesa #NEDCOmesa #HechoEnMEsa #DOwntownMEsa #FindItInMesa #RyanDavidWinkle #NextMesa
#AbakaFoundation #Tagalog #Filipino #DOwntownMEsa #HechoEnMesa #NextMesa #RyanDavidWinkle #ImmersionLearning #languageSchool
Join us for the NEDCO - Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation FREE business workshop today!
Date: Tuesday, May 5th - 3pm
Title: “The Quick and Ready Menu Plan"
Location:@Queen's Pizzeria & Cafe 127 W Main st.
Be better prepared to serve customers on event nights and other busy times with a very small and easy to prepare "ready to go" menu.
How can NEDCO help your small business or start up? www.NEDCOaz.org
#NEDCOmesa #TechnicalAssistance #CDFI #DOwntownMEsa #Menu #SmallBusiness #NegociosLatino #Mesita #RAILmesa #NextMesa #NEDCOaz #EventPlanning #Maker #Retailer #RyanDavidWinkle #BlendedBusiness #BusinessDevelopment #ToGoMenu #IHeartMesa #HechoEnMesa
- Wilkes UniversityMasters in Business Administration, 2014 - present
- Arizona State UniversityDual Degree in Urban Planning / Sustainability, 2009 - 2012
- Mesa Community CollegeAA in Political Science, 2008 - 2009
Throughout my career in business & economic development/project management I have been able to implement projects quickly and efficiently.I am a natural leader. I am analytical, insightful, a highly-disciplined problem solver with a demonstrated ability to identify with involved parties and create an outcome that everyone can support. Because I excel at building mutually respectful relationships, I have developed and sustained exceptional industry contacts and networks and have earned the respect of a wide variety of residents, community groups, business owners, service providers, city staff and elected officials and clients. Maintaining meticulous attention to detail, inspiring team accomplishment, and delivering quality, on-time project execution are areas in which I excel.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Over 5 years of neighborhood programs and services including citizen engagement, area revitalization, comprehensive community development, Neighborhood stabilization.
• Over 3 years of experience supervising professional-level staff
• Highly networked in creating relationships with neighborhood associations, community groups and non-profit organizations.
• Over 3 years of community and economic development experience relating to neighborhood/area revitalization.
• I have a BS in Urban Planning and a BA in Sustainability, a Certification in Community Development Finance and trained in economic development though AAED/IEDC.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (over 8 years of client relationships)
• Proven experience in program management and documentation of the process.
• Able to work independently and under pressure
• Team-oriented, professional, eager and willing to lead and work collaboratively with colleagues to successfully achieve goals and expectations
• Demonstrated success by pinpointing project needs and uncovering potential problem areas through assessment and analysis
• Able to communicate in Portuguese and SpanishI enjoy working with team members, clients as well as inspiring subordinates to complete jobs within deadlines. I am the best candidate for this position, because I truly have a passion to manage a project from start to finish with quality end results. In addition, my diverse background in urban planning/development, finance and project management offers an advantage in better understanding a corporation’s need to expand in a global market.
- Neighborhood Economic Development CorporationBusiness & Corridor Development / Project Manager, 2012 - present• Development, management and implementation of programs that identify and address economic, technological and social needs of existing businesses on the light rail corridor. • Build lasting relationships with neighborhood groups in Mesa, Tempe and Phoenix to further the reach of our Technical Assistance in LMI areas and expand access to capitol. • Develop leadership along Mesa corridor through art driven, placemaking activities. • Develop a working model that supports local community engagement initiatives such as community action plans, program organization and generate support lines with key collaborators and leadership development. • Work directly and efficiently with city council members, community reinvestment officers, technology experts, marketing managers, executive directors, chairmen of non-profit organizations and implementation directors. • Build relationships with local community groups (including schools, the Chamber of Commerce, local chapters of charitable organizations, small businesses, funders, neighborhood & community groups etc.) • Consolidated and reported on participation and overall efficacy of community outreach initiatives. • Keep current on funding opportunities and construct and submit applications. (CDBG, CRA, misc grant opportunities) • Engage, educate and empower potential and existing collaborators with passion and commitment. Specific projects: Google Inside View, #finditinmesa, finditinmesa.com, partnership with Localfirstaz.com, R.A.I.L.mesa Community Organization -(Retail, Arts, Innovation, Livability), www.RAILmesa.org, City of Mesa General Plan 2040 Community Engagement, City of Mesa 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan Community Engagement, City of Tempe 2015-2019 Consolidate Plan Community Engagement, "Investing in What Works" Community Workshop Series. NEDCO Phoenix Loan & TA expansion, NEDCO Light Rail Business Assistance Program, NEDCO corridor capacity building.
- Mesa Urban GardenVice Chairmen / Lead Project Manager, 2012 - present• Responsible for the development, acquisition and maintenance of the Mesa Urban Garden. • Created business proposal/plan and submitted to city officials. Introduced development idea of garden and analysis of its economic and social impact on the surrounding community at city council meetings and city review boards. • Recruit and directs over 200 volunteers and 20 staff members to build and maintain the Mesa Urban Garden. • Establish and maintain open line communications with urban garden participants, prospective participants, volunteer organizations, city liaisons and the general public using multiple channels of comminucation. • Design and develop properties to maximize potential growth for the Mesa Urban Garden and ensure the best usage of a limited area. • Maintain records, generate ad hoc reports, conduct inventories and ensures participants’ compliance with terms of agreement. • Interfaces with community stakeholders, advisory groups, and other city departments regarding matters related to lease agreements, irrigation, landscape design, property maintenance and other matters relevant to operating Mesa Urban Garden.
- Nextdoor.comField Organizer / Mesa Implementation Consultant, 2014 - 2014Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. • Working directly with Nextdoor employees, Nextdoor IT and neighborhood members and leaders to introduce Nextdoor to Mesa, Arizona. • Strategically implement and execute Nextdoor’s goal of expanding neighborhood and member coverage. • Work with Nextdoor City Outreach Team to strengthen relations with the City of Mesa Neighborhood Services and identify potential growth areas to launch new neighborhoods. • Consistent communication with IT team to report bugs and suggest fixes to dashboard field agent interface.
- Larry John WrightProject Manager - Account Consultant, 2014 - 2014Larry John Wright has established its self as a major media buyer in more than 100 markets. We are a true full service advertising agency with a TV and Radio production studio that is nearly 10,000 sq/ft. Having an in-house production studio allows our clients the flexibility to change a spot or have a new spot created within 24 hours for Radio and 48 hours for TV. In addition, LJW boasts an award winning print department with 5 full time Mac-Based artists. We can produce any type of print project including logos, banners, signage, brochures, print ads and billboards.
- Arvato servicesBrazil Project Implementation Manger - Apple Retail Stores / Apple Branded Programs, 2013 - 2014• Collaborated with three teams in Brazil and two teams in the US to open a warehouse in Hortolandia, Brazil while establishing the inventory needed to open an apple retail store location in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. • Managed the coordination and implementation for all programming involving a WebStore team in Valencia, California, a Seeburger middleware team in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin and our SAP team in Sao Paulo Brazil. • Coordinated the shipment of all product to be placed in the Rio de Janeiro store from Louisville and tracked the movement of all inventory to our warehouse in Hortolandia, Brazil. This includes having knowledge of lead times and import licenses. • Acted as the liaison between warehouse and IT development and implementation of all aspects of the project. • Completed all reporting to management in Arvato USA. • Relocated for 6 months and operated between 3 locations within Arvato Brazil
- Bryan Cave ThailandProject Coordinator, 2010 - 2010• Acted as a liaison between the Ministry of Commerce and Philip Morris Asia to research and do an economic analysis on decision by government agencies to raise the excise tax currently placed on the tobacco industry in Thailand and negotiate a proper rebuttal to the proposed increase. • Research the European Unions’ EUP (Energy Using Products) and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) regulations and how they affected trade with other countries. Evaluate regulations enacted by surrounding Asian nations and large EU trade partners and how they affected trade. Develop a pro-posal of collected data and present this information to Thailand’s Ministry of Industry and Ministry of Commerce.
- Wells FargoOperations Analyst III, 2001 - 2007• Reviewed and delegated incoming work based upon the workload to meet the strict federal deadlines. • Worked with two other senior processors and management to launch and perfect the new online operating system called OIB. • Acted as an escalation point to find a very large amount of money that seemed to be missing. Worked with IT to pull records and track the path of the money and returned it to the clients account. • Worked directly with the loan department to sort out issues and missing financial information regarding the completion of a substantial business loan to one of WF key clients. • Created training manuals for new and less senior processors including presentations and visual aids.