Hoping to get some thoughtful feedback on this -- mulling how to cover these kinds of things (Gilt, Groupon, etc.) going forward.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I think it should be tech. They are tied to the Internet. Internet is tech still right?Nov 29, 2011
- Yes, but increasingly, companies in nearly every industry are building a solid Internet presence. That's where it gets tricky IMO. I don't doubt we should cover news out of companies like Gilt occasionally, but I wonder how in-depth it should be from the tech media's perspective.
I put it this way in the story: ..."[Gilt Groupe] does seem to have a strong engineering team and culture... but it’s ultimately a discount retailer. The fact is, Walmart has a very solid IT team too, but the tech press does not typically cover all the ups and downs of its stock price."Nov 29, 2011
- Yeah, it is tricky. But Walmart exists without Internet, and I don't think these companies could/can.Nov 29, 2011
- How about business section and tech section?Nov 29, 2011
- you and your factions are beauty
Nov 30, 2012