Every Wednesday starting June 6
These Wednesday evenings will be a great chance for you to get connected with women, to introduce an unchurched friend to the group in a low key unreligious setting or just get out of the house and enjoy a cup of java!
Meet at 6:30pm at the Brickside café in Hiawatha
Contact Diane Hung or Jeanie Wickman.
If you are gifted in electric guitar, drums, or bass guitar and would like an opportunity to serve on our worship team please contact the ROL office (319.393.3709) and make an appointment to meet with Josh Misener.
Sunday, June 24 through Wednesday, June 27, 6 - 8:30pm. Register your child at the table in the foyer!
Also, please consider volunteering to help make VBS possible. We are in need of adult and youth volunteers to help get ready for Vacation Bible School. We will be starting Wednesday, May 30 and working each Wednesday night through June 20 from 6:15 – 8:15 pm in the Port O’ Call room. Plan to help us create sets, prepare craft items, or get snacks ready. Stop by the table in the foyer, or just show up if you would like to help!
Come enjoy some fun in the sun this summer (June through August) at Cleveland Park, SW, CR (Splash pad, shady playground), every 1st & 3rd Thursday from 10am to Noon. If you have questions please contact Linda Ferry (319.393.3709).
Bloggers, vloggers, social media junkies, twitter hounds, Pinterest freaks, LinkedIN geeks, web designers, web editors, search marketing experts, cyber journalists, jingle writers, ad campaigners, social media marketers, QR code lovers, creative thinkers and for Him doers! If you fit any or many of these categories, and have a heart and gifting to serve on this ministry, please contact Christa Nelson.
3801 Blairs Ferry Rd NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
To take as many people to heaven in as Christlike condition as possible.Mission - what we do
In Christian community, we assist each other in the journey of discovering our unique, significant roles within the Kingdom of God, while also serving those outside of our Church thus empowering them to fulfill their God-given destiny.
Values: River of Life is committed to embody eight core values while carrying out its mission:
- A lifestyle of humility knowing that all spiritual progress is the result of God’s grace. While God’s Spirit may be poured out on all flesh, He gives grace to the humble.
- Worship that is passionate, reverent, expressive and creative in glorifying God.
- Prayer that passionately seeks the Lord’s presence and intercedes for others.
- The Word and the Spirit, where the truth and teachings in the Bible are merged with the supernatural power and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Caring for others, empowered by the Holy Spirit with the love of God, striving to take captive every motivation not found in sacrificial love.
- Developing servant leaders rooted in Christlike character by identifying, training and deploying people at all levels according to their gifting.
- Community where relationships test our maturity in Christ and we come alongside one another to strengthen, build up and encourage each other.
- Christ Centered unity, in answer to Christ’s prayer in
John 17. Where we differ doctrinally with other Christians, we purpose
to maintain the “unity of the Spirit” until we all come to the “unity of
faith” (Eph 4:3, 13).
Since nothing pleases the Father more than His Son, it is our desire to be conformed to the character, power and love of Christ. We believe this is God’s vision for man, to make us in the image of Christ (Gen 1:26; Rom 8:29). Thus we measure success not by what we are before man, but how Christlike we become.