I re-installed DT last week on my Moto Droid Turbo 2 phone. Was initially fine, but every morning it would have a database error and couldn't find the library. If I reset my phone it would work again until the next morning, but today I have restarted my phone five times and it still can't find the library. I get an "unknown error" when trying to reset the database. This is the exact same problem which popped up last year and caused me stop using DT. The reason given at the time was some change to how Android OS reads data from a micro SD card, but hasn't that been fixed by now?
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Henry KwanModeratorHello,
What version of Android are you using? Android 6 or higher?
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) has introduced a new SD card support method. Unfortunately this new method is incompatible with apps like doubleTwist Player that used an older API to access the SD card.
We are in the process of updating the doubleTwist Player app to fully support the Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) SD card. We are also adding brand new features like material design UI, a new playback engine to include lossless support, and a more powerful EQ. The first beta version with support for the Marshmallow SD card is now available.
Here's more information on how to get the beta version.
doubletwist.com - Help: How To Sign Up For doubleTwist Player Beta Program
We're very sorry for the inconvenience.
- thank you I have installed the Beta and it appears to be working. However, now the Doubletwist software on my PC can no longer find my phone over AirSync. Is there a different version of the desktop software I need to download to work with the Beta app?31w
- , I played around a bit more and now my PC recognizes my phone, but does not seem to be syncing any files. I added 37 new songs to my PC library but when I try to sync the App I get the error, "Unable to write complete file". The playlists are also not being imported to the app on my phone. Any fix for this?31w
- Henry KwanModeratorHello,
I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with syncing.
Please try a full reset of doubleTwist on your device and PC.
doubletwist.com - Help: How to Fully Reset doubleTwist on Android and PC
If after reset, you are still seeing these sync problems, please send us a debug package from your PC immediately after encountering the errors.
You can do this by holding down SHIFT while right-clicking on the doubleTwist icon in the System Tray and selecting "Send log files…".
Here's a short help page on how to send the debug package.
Please include this G+ URL in the "Additional Information" section for reference.
- I reset everything but am still getting the same errors. The playlists still won't copy to the phone and about 37 songs added to my library within the past 2 weeks will not copy. I sent the debug files.31w
Add a comment...