Orangetheory was the merchant business (store front) that provided our power and gave us access to their lobby as "the green room" and they were generally great sponsors.
Alec (our lead singer) did fantastic vocals on "Creep" by Radiohead... and Elijah just nailed the solo on "Good Times Bad Times"
Max (guitar and bass) and Jack (drums) were solid as always. Jack especially was getting lots of compliments because the parade organizers made us turn down the amps... but you can't turn down drums!
See you Sunday 12/15 at the Microsoft Store in Fashion Valley. House Band plays two sets in the afternoon.
I think Meridith might get more insights from this tool since she uses Twitter and Facebook...
On Sunday... they had a longer set and played just about perfect! It was a fantastic performance and the kids were all proud of the set. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Paranoid" came together just fine...and the additional songs "Creep" and "You Really Got Me" where awesome. It was fun seeing Nate play bass and sing harmony. I think he was channeling Michael Anthony (Van Halen era) on that song.
Another set of shows this coming Friday night.
Shout out to Rock And Roll San Diego. They provided the gear and ran sound. One of the best sound mixes I've heard.
There was also an indoor stage "Sponsored by Taylor Guitars" with the signage spelled wrong. Hilarious! I hope they ask the sign vendor for a refund... but I'm sure they initialed the production work order. HA!
We understand a developer is seeking your approval to change zoning from office to retail on the nine acre property at the northeast corner of I-15 and Carroll Canyon Road in Scripps Ranch. The proposed site plan shows a 120,000 sf big-box and smaller strip retail uses. The Scripps Ranch Newsletter has reported the big-box would be built for a Target or Lowes. Recent speculation suggests the developer is in discussions with Wal-Mart and due to a non-disclosure agreement, the developer cannot confirm the retailer.
We oppose a big-box use at this site.
1. The traffic mitigation calls for a median along Carroll Canyon Road which would prohibit the Eucalyptus Square retail center employees and customers (Subway, Carl’s Jr., etc.)., and the 2 story office building employees and clients; from being able to turn left out of the parking lot which gives them direct and immediate access to the north and south bound I-15 onramps. Now drivers will have to travel east and make a U-turn somewhere or wind their way to Mira Mesa Boulevard or Pomerado Road to get to the freeway.
2. The proposal is inconsistent with many elements of the Community Plan in terms of traffic, lifestyle, community needs, proximity to our high school, density, freeway screening and vegetation.
3. A 120,000 sf single user can only be a Wal-Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot or Costco. These retailers require a regional draw for profitability. We do not need regional traffic making our small community a commercial destination. There are Wal-Marts, Targets, Costcos, Home Depots within a few minutes of our community which we easily and happily patronize.
4. Long term – What happens in a few years if the big box user decides to abandon the building due to the economy or other financial reasons? The big box then gets split up for a variety of other mid-size users. With so much space to lease out, the rent will need to be reduced and the quality of the tenant gets reduced to thrift stores, temporary uses, discount clothing stores, 99 cent stores. No thank you!
I ask you to consider the long term impact to our community and urge you to not approve a Community Plan Amendment on this property.
the Kava Lounge
2812 Kettner Blvd, San Diego
- Phoenix CollegeAccounting
Xbox One: Controller Matters | Xbox content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSi...
With the euphoria of Xbox One's first day behind us—over one million consoles sold to consumers, biggest launch in Xbox history, and so on—i
What the World War Z movie has in common with the book - The Oatmeal
What the World War Z movie has in common with the book. Comics: Random Most Popular All Cats Grammar Food Animals Tech. What the World War Z
Nate Coady is an Accomplished Musician and Performer Already
92131 Magazine. Community, Family, Lifestyle in Scripps Ranch.
Build a WinRT Metro App to Access Windows 8 File System
Use WinRT, C#, and XAML with Visual Studio 11 to build an app that reads, writes, copies, and deletes Windows 8 folders.
Securing Your Passwords: The Bottom Line - Dan Holme's Viewpoint on Shar...
A technology expert offers password advice for navigating the Internet and social media. In this age of constant security breaches, it's adv
Science shows you how to win at 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'
Researchers point to some winning strategies for the seemingly simple "Rock, Paper Scissors" game. For starters, remember that Rock is for r
Q&A: What We Learned Skipping Supermarkets and Restaurants For a Yea...
Last October, Rachel Hoff and Tom Ferguson embarked on an experiment in hyper-locavore healthy eating. For the next 12 months, the couple fr
The Seven String Guitar Authority - Sevenstring.org
Sevenstring.org - The definitive seven string guitar resource. Forums, Interviews, Streaming Music, Lessons, Gear Reviews and More.
Tim O'Reilly Explains Where The Federal Gov't Has Gone Wrong On SOPA/PIP...
A few months back, in going into great detail on everything wrong with PIPA & SOPA, I started it off by explaining that the whole effort
How to Create Your First Java Program on Ubuntu Linux
This document presumes you have some kind of Java software development environment installed on your system such as Oracle Java, OpenJDK or
Windows 8 Consumer Preview: A Call for Common Sense
Based on the feedback I've seen on Twitter and via email, many so-called power users are focusing mostly on silly little issues with the Win
How to Set Up Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts (Properly) on iOS
The iPhone is a fantastic phone, but if you're a heavy user of Google services, it can be a little confusing to set up your Gmail, Google Ca