I read somewhere a story about space junk orbiting over our heads (thanks +NASA
) and plastic junk in the Pacific Ocean (thanks +VICE
) and it made me wonder how much waste I create on a daily basis when I go to work and how I could possibly avoid it. Here are my 5 actions:
* bring your own fork, spoon and knife to work and instead of getting those plastic ones at lunch, use yours and then wash them;
* never request a bag again: think about everytime you had to ask for one, didn't you have to because you couldn't plan ahead of time to bring your own?
* use cloth napkins! Paper napkins are harder to recycle or reuse;
* plastic bottles are a huge no no, they are pointless given you don't have any disease;
* finally, everytime you are about to use something that is provided to you for free (eg napkins or plastic cups) ask yourself if you can just wait another minute to use something more environmentally friendly.
I hope more people take a second to realize that.