Reporter who interrupted Obama says he mistimed his question:
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 13 previous comments
- Sadly, you've just done a great job demonstrating the lack of choice we have in November. We're going to get all of the above with either party. It's seriously disheartening.Jun 18, 2012
- It's definitely disheartening.Jun 18, 2012
- You're high as a kite. The reason that the security leaks is in the news is because someone who was in the room with Obama leaked sensitive information. Hard to claim that he's aggressive on pursuing leaks when they're coming out of HIS White House. And the gun running claim is laughable! Most of your party has been trying to deflect blame away from Obama by saying that Fast & Furious is an extension of the Bush gun running operation - pick a side first, then stick to it. And Obama hasn't reduced employment since the numbers don't accurately reflect the number of people who have simply given up looking for work.
When those “not in the labor force” are added to those “Unemployed,” then those who are not working is growing: 99.5 million in April 2011, 100.3 million in February 2012, 100.5 million in March 2012, and 100.9 million in April 2012. When counting both those “Not in the labor force” and “Unemployed” as a single group, then those who are not working, but are in the age group in which Americans normally work, has remained steady and high: 41.6 percent in April 2011, 41.5 percent in February 2012, 41.5 percent in March 2012, and 41.6 percent in April 2012.
According to the Department of Labor prior to the financial meltdown, 76% of small businesses received traditional funding from banks and other institutions. With the financial meltdown over 8 million jobs were lost. Traditional financing has virtually disappeared. Obama's security laws were written to address abuse of large corporations. These laws require a small start-up to raise $50,000 to jump through the same hoops as a large corporation seeking to raise millions of dollars.
The next time you decide to post, at least make an effort, instead of trying to blow smoke up someone's a$$.Jun 19, 2012
- TL/DR version: Most of what's broken started under Bush and worsened under Obama. No need to pick a side-they're both bad news.Jun 19, 2012
- It's very, very rare to find people who don't easily slip into ideologue mode (not you, just a comment in general.) And I see this on both sides. I spent most of the Bush Administration asking the same question of people on the far-Right: "Um...does Bush have an exit strategy out of Iraq?" So it's hilarious to see people on TPM cling so closely to the "Hopey Changey" Obama, as if a herd of rainbow-colored unicorns started dancing in the streets farting gold dubloons on January 20, 2009.Jun 19, 2012
- You're conflating your facts. Fast & Furious was not an extension of Operation Wide Receiver. It was similar, but wholly Obama's project.
You missed the point about the national security leaks. Obama can claim that he's aggressive on them, but now that they're leaking from his White House, he's not that aggressive, or outraged for that matter. Makes you wonder.
Obama increased government jobs, not private sector jobs. March, 2012, was the third month in which the overall number of jobs lost during the Obama administration is lower than the number lost during the Bush administration. That said, the unemployment rate is still 0.9 percentage points worse today than it was during President Bush’s last full month in office. In other words, the unemployment rate in all 41 months of Obama’s presidency has been higher than that of any single month in President Bush’s 8 years in office.
As for your assessment of how Obama's regulations affect small business, you're simply out of touch with reality. The current administration's policies do not encourage capital formation. The Obama Administration has failed to make permanent key tax relief measures and reforms to outdated Security and Exchange Commission laws that are preventing investment in small businesses.Jun 20, 2012