Where can I find a complete documentation of FastLED? I see a lot of functions I can't find in the documentation. To be more specific for example in DemoReel100: for e xample, EVERY_N_MILLISECONDS, fill_rainbow, fadeToBlackBy, CRGBPalette16, and many more. How am I supposed to know how they work?
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 25 previous comments
- Did another post:
Still not sure if that's really what was being asked for in this doc request, but now it's turning out to be fun and teaching me a lot about the various functions, so I'll probably keep them going no matter what you guys say :)
I love data visualization and added some plots of the led values/function output, which I hope is an interesting twist on explaining what's going on.Oct 31, 2015
- It was so nice. This way you share what you learn and also make a reference for yourself for later use. I'll make sure to check all your posts! Keep up the good job!Oct 31, 2015
- Thanks,! I hope to keep them going, maybe one a week? We'll see how fast I end up totally out of my league :)Nov 1, 2015
- Great post,! Thank you!Nov 1, 2015
- , thanks! Also, you'd be a good one to ask... I wasn't happy with my method to try and show the different wave generators at the end of the post. Is there a better way to create an analog of beatsin8 using sin8, cubicwave8, etc? I just used an incrementing angle argument mapped to my strip length but it's not as smooth as beatsin8. I ended up using a short delay, but if someone wanted a slower animation that's still smooth, it would be glitchy at much above 5-10 ms between updates...
I plan to look at what beatsin8 is actually doing behind the scenes but figured I would also ask a veteran :)Nov 1, 2015
- I'll see if I can take a look later today and come up with something analogous.Nov 1, 2015
Add a comment...