I just saw my first Raspberry Pi in real life. Now I want one that's 1000 times smaller, solar powered, with builtin wi-fi. Then we would really be getting somewhere.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Nothing I know of can hit all your feature requests but here are a couple of options.
http://pinocc.io/Jun 24, 2013
- Wait, isn't the Rasberry Pi like 5x5 cm...? 1000 times smaller would be 1x1mm... oO;Jun 24, 2013
- No, it would be about 2.72 mm x 1.72 mm. So roughly 3 mm by 2 mm rounding up by area. It would be about 8.6 mm by 5.4 mm by volume.Jun 24, 2013
- That's certainly in the "smart dust" space (but of course, trying to power anything with 6mm^2 of solar is just going out of your way to make your life difficult :-)Jun 24, 2013
- The first and foremost goal of the project was to make a platform so accessible and affordable that it would encourage kids to get one to learn more about computers and programming. The small size factor is rather a side-effect and not the first constraint of the project afaiu.Jun 25, 2013
Add a comment...