- IBMProgramer, 2012 - present
Name: Arkadi Kagan
Mobile Phone: 054-4582868
Skills and experience in technology fields:
Languages: C/C++, Java, C#, VB6, VB.NET, Ruby, SQL, XSLT, SALT, VoiceXML, Matlab, OpenCL, etc.
Acquainted with libraries and API’s:
Win32, Windows CE Win32, PSAPI for NT, MFC, COM (ATL, MFC, etc.), J2EE, OSGi, Winsock, TCP, UDP, MPEG, zlib, OpenGL, Linux.
Commercial working experience:
2001-... SAP Labs Israel.
I have participated in several SAP projects in C++, C#, J2EE, OSGi and Ruby on Rails.
· I was deeply involved in the applicative infrastructure design and implementation of a new large-scale C# Web application. My responsibility has included .NET “sandbox” isolation through AppDomain API for customer extensions.
· I was involved in overall and infrastructure design of a large-scale J2EE and OSGi web application. My responsibility has included OSGi infrastructure definition and implementation. One of my responsibilities was building Java “sandbox” through ClassLoader substitution for customer extensions.
· I was involved in design and implementation of monitoring system, integrating Hyperic monitoring solution for our needs. One of my responsibilities was integration with existing J2EE application.
· I was involved in design and implementation of a sophisticated security model for Ruby on Rails application. My responsibility has included complex SQL injection into application queries. The databases used are MySQL and PostgreSQL.
· I was involved in development of “SAP Business One”, C++ application. My responsibility was development of COM/DCOM based SDK for “Business One”. I was also responsible for CORBA & ACE and internal memory management infrastructure modules.
· I have redesigned and implemented SAP product "SAPConsole", C++ Win32 Console application for mobile Browsers (CE) and Telnet on RF-devices. I have implemented SALT/VoiceXML user interface for this project. I have implemented custom COM interface for running VB extensions. SAP holds two patents on my name for the subject: US 20080313353, US 20080065984.
1999-2001 Start-up "Gigami", former "Net2Wireless".
I have taken large part in overall design and implementation of the company product: communication application for mobile devices with low-bandwidth connection abilities. We have created Windows and Linux versions of the server side.
I have developed TCP-like communication protocol based UDP. The protocol has provided 20% advantage over Microsoft implementation.
I have participated in implementation of compression algorithms for transmitting low-quality video based on MPEG2.
Open source projects:
Compression Algorithms on SourceForge.
The project presents most known lossless compression algorithms. All algorithms are implemented in their simplest form. Implemented compressions are: Arithmetic, Huffman, LZ77, LZ78, LZW and RLE. Separate project for ZIP, conforming RFC 1951 and basic PKWARE ZIP compatibility.
There is an attempt to gather documentation on the main Entropy Compression Algorithms of practical interest.
Lazy Wavelet Transform on SourceForge.
Implements Lazy Wavelet Transform with Lifting in several variants: 1-D, 2-D, 3-D, integer precision, etc. Sample video compressor, integrated with FFmpeg. OpenCL version is created.
Fourier Transform and NT Tools on SourceForge.
A set of NT projects that is useful for first step in Audio Analysis.
Detailed step-by-step prove of various issues of Fourier Transform.
Smaller open source efforts:
Acquired knowledge in artificial neural networks:
My final work for MA degree was a wide review of existing models used in recent years for research with conjunction to image compression and processing. The practical experience consists of two small emulation projects: SOM as an auxiliary tool, and original modification to Elman and Cellular Neural Network with Resilient Propagation learning strategy.
2006-2011: MA “Computer Sciences”, Neural Networks field in Open University of Israel
1997-2005: BA “Science” in Open University of Israel