This is an example of using FAE out of the box to statt out an organization: http://fatesf.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-architects-silent-builders-of-refuge.html
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Richard Bellingham (Skimble)Moderator+1Makes my heart all aflutter for some good old hard SF Space Opera á la Alastair Reynolds.
The Conjoiners are a transhuman (possibly even exhuman) faction who are obsessed with maximising human cognitive function, achieved through a combination of implants and massively parallel processing and shared-mind techniques.
They are responsible for the leaps in drive technology that have enabled humanity to build lighthuggers, ships that approach but never exceed the speed of light.
Our Minds Conjoined
Apotheosis Through Technology
The Price of Progress
Due to their shared mind one Conjoiner knows what all the others know. This gives them +2 to cleverly create advantage where this shared knowledge would logically provide a clear advantage.
Once per story the Conjoiners can produce a cutting edge item of technology, the result of their advanced scientific program. Such technology has no equal from the rest of humanity but these leaps in progress tends to come at a heavy price.Apr 22, 2013
- This is beautiful. I love the Revelation Space series, and it has been a major influence on my Diaspora games - to the point where I kept calling one faction the Ultras by accident!Apr 22, 2013
- Richard Bellingham (Skimble)ModeratorYes, such a good series! I was a little disappointed in Absolution Gap but Chasm City is not just my favourite Revelation Space book but one of my favourite novels of all time. I've also enjoyed the standalone stories like The Prefect. Just wonderful!Apr 22, 2013
- Absolution Gap is the only one I haven't read yet. I think I am postponing closure. Loved The Prefect, and like you Chasm City is my favorite.Apr 22, 2013
- Richard Bellingham (Skimble)Moderator+1The good news is most of his other novels are just as good. I love "House of Suns" and "The Prefect" and "Blue Remembered Earth" was an intriguing start to a new series.Apr 22, 2013
- Yes, big fan. He is definitely a superior shorter work writer than novelist with his bloat tendency, some of them are still great [Chasm City] and lots very good though. http://alastairreynolds.blogspot.com.au/
FATEing Neville Clavain has been running around in the back of my head.Apr 22, 2013
Add a comment...