Important information about Communities & Pages
A business Page can create a Community or be made a moderator and owner. Linking a Community to a Page helps in the visibility of the Community as it'll be displayed in the profile of the Page.
The +1's that are displayed on the Page's profile, under the profile picture come now from three possible places:
- Someone has given the Page a +1 under the profile pic
- The amount of people who follow the Page
- The amount of people who are members to the Community
This +1 figure is not quite correct, it seems, as there are people who belong to the Community, follow the Page and perhaps give a +1 to the Page... They are all counted in the total of +1's.A Page with several managers
- If a page has several managers and is made a moderator in a Community, all the managers can post and comment as the Page when signed in as the Page.
- If the Page is promoted to owner, all the Page managers have the same rights as the owner. They can even delete the Community.
A Community can have multiple owners.
From Googler +Brian Glick
:In larger communities, people and Pages need to be moderators for at least 2 weeks before they can be promoted to owner. We do this to help prevent communities from being suddenly taken over by someone else if an owner's account is compromised.
- Is the limit here the 500 members, I wonder? After hitting 500 you cannot change the Community name anymore...You can have as many pages in a community as you want. Think of them like normal "people" when it comes to a community.
Anything you'd like to add? #Jaanatip #Communities #Plushelp