18 followers|158,923 views
Works at UNITIL Corporation
Attended University of Southern Maine
Lives in Maine
18 followers|158,923 views
I had an interesting thought about time travel today. I think we will someday be able to view events, but never be able to step in an take a role.
Add a comment...
Natural Gas Project Leader, former Geologist
Phase 1 and Phase 2 environmental site assessments, management of field activities for hydrogeologic investigations, above and underground tank removal assessments, air, soil and groundwater monitoring projects, well drilling supervision, soil excavation supervision, work scope and budget preparation, report writing, background research, coordination and supervision of contractors, VRAP preparation, vapor intrusion investigation, sub-slab radon vent installation, installation-operation and maintenance of soil and groundwater remediation systems, implementation of remediation programs, construction supervision, management several long-term monitoring programs, project management, invoicing
- UNITIL CorporationProject Leader, 4 - presentThe responsibilities of my position include: cost estimating for new service and main installations, projecting costs for the 14-year cast iron replacement program; coordinating regularly with 24 municipalities in southern Maine, local construction and paving contractors and state DOT to track State and City/Town CIP schedules and road work repair and replacement programs. In addition I provide cost estimates, supervision and field support for large engineering projects utilizing my project management and geological experience. I also lead ground penetrating surveys (GPR) for underground utility lines on an as needed basis. Starting in spring of 2014 I will be integrated into the on-call rotation to respond to emergency calls off hours. I also act as Chair to the Citizenship Committee where I receive and review charitable funding requests, present the requests to the Committee and approve funding distribution.
- Acadia Environmental TechnologyGeologist, 5 - 3As a geologist with Acadia my responsibilities included conducting and managing projects such as: soil and groundwater monitoring, underground storage tank removal assessments, well drilling, geotechnical drilling, geologic analysis for geothermal well installation, Phase I and Phase II site assessments. I also conducted data analysis, graphic presentation, report preparation and work scope and budget preparation and invoicing. In 2009 I was advanced to Operations Manager. In addition to the previously mentioned tasks I also coordinated staffing and subcontractors, provided technical assistance for field scientists, assigned workload priorities, tracked project costs and budgets and reviewed reports. Accomplishments • Conducted air, soil and groundwater monitoring in accordance with company and state SOPs. • Designed, tested and installed a groundwater oxygen diffusion system. • Managed each aspect of investigation, remediation and long term groundwater monitoring at 35 locations with an annual value over $125,000 • Recovered over $850,000 of client costs using the Maine Groundwater Oil-Clean Up Fund for a large remediation project in 2008. • Active participant in revision of Maine DEP Chapter 691 Rules for Underground Storage Facilities, October 2012.
- Roy F. WestonInternship, 6 - 8A summer internship at Response Engineering and Analytic Contract (REAC) in Edison, NJ conducting groundwater monitoring and sampling, geophysical well log interpretations, report and HASP preparation.
- U of S. Maine -Geology DepartmentInter, 5 - 8Assisted with geophysical surveys of archaeological sites. Conducted geophysical research and presented "Azimuthal electromagnetic physical scale modeling to determine bedrock fracture orientation beneath soil cover" at the Geological Society of America 33rd Annual Meeting, Northeast Section.
- Cumberland County Soil and Water Conservation DistrictEarth Team Volunteer, 10 - 5Educational program preparation. Assist District Engineer with surface water discharge surveys
outside. having adventure, exploring.
Father, husband, geologist.
- University of Southern MaineBachelor of Arts-Geology, 1998
- University at Albany, The State University of New YorkMaster of Science -Geology, 2004