As previously, the nominated work is in the novella category and is another tale from my Amazing Conroy (a stage hypnotist in spaaaace!) stories. It's entitled "Trial of the Century," and appears in the anthology WORLD JUMPING from Hadley Rille Books.
You can download a free copy in PDF, ePub, or mobi format here: http://j.mp/CenturyTrial
This novella IS eligible for the Hugo as well, so even if you're not a SFWA member, do please take a look.
Here's the link:
- Hypnosis4WritersHypnotist, present
- Buffalogic, Inc.Author, present
- Paper Golem LLCPublisher, present
- Wedge Medical CenterChief Compliance Officer, present
I'm also the founder and director of the Klingon Language Institute, which has been a very wild ride. More recently, I began a speculative fiction small press, Paper Golem, aimed at serving the niche of up-and-coming new writers as well as providing a market for novellas.
In 2007, I was nominated for the John W. Campbell Award for best new writer; in 2010 I received a Hugo nomination for best short story; in 2013 I garnered a Nebula nomination for best novella. In fiction I'm probably most known for the series of stories, novelettes, and novels about the Amazing Conroy and his buffalo dog companion, Reggie.
I live near Philadelphia with my wife, Valerie, who is neither a psychologist nor a Klingon speaker.
If you add me, you'll go into my Unknown Follower circle until I hear from you with some idea which of the above (and it can be more than one) you're better suited to.
- Kansas State UniversityPsychology, 1985 - 1987
- Kansas State UniversityPsychology, 1983 - 1985
- California State University, NorthridgePsycholinguistics, 1979 - 1983
- University of California, Santa CruzPsychology, 1977 - 1978