"Saving Children At-Risk," not-for-profit, in association with, "Life Without A Fork," Presents, "The Life Without A Fork Angioedema Challenge!"
Having received several requests from supporters, fans, and, “fellow-swellers,” and with all the positive energies surrounding ALS's, "Ice Bucket Challenge," we are happily in action mode with leveraging this idea to raise awareness for those of us with angioedema! In as such, association with, “Saving Children At-Risk,” we are excited to officially launch the, "Life Without A Fork Angioedema Challenge!"
As I believe the ice bucket challenge is intended to give people a brief glimpse into the lives of people living with Lou Gehrig's Disease through the numbness experienced by the cold water and ice, we are going to give this new, "e-wave of fun-in-funding,” our own twist by challenging people to take the, “Life Without A Fork Angioedema Challenge”, so as to imitate what our mouths sometimes feel like when we eat certain foods, take certain medications, come into contact with unfavorable environmental elements, stress out, etc, and the inevitable painful, oft times lip-swelling that can come with it!
We aspire to working with some of the more famous YouTubers such as, Sawyer Hartman, who mainly focus on charitable drives, to collaborate with the efforts of our advocacy group, help get the "Life Without A Fork Angioedema Challenge!" done in a big, BIG WAY, and put angioedema on the map, proper!
All donations will go to the not-for-profit organization, "Saving Children At Risk." Portions of proceeds raised will be used for establishing the first ever angioedema foundation for people living with all forms of the condition; grant opportunities for people who need to travel to, "our specialists," who are as rare as the condition itself; medications to those who may be unable to afford or have access to them; investment in research for cause, alternative treatments, and cure for the condition so that neither us nor our children will have to live and possibly die from this anomaly; litigators for the condition—yes, we need specialists when it comes to legal representation too as well as legislation to be changed to positively support our mental and physical challenges, and so much more!
SO WHAT IS THE ANGIOEDEMA CHALLENGE?! IT’S SUCTION IN A CUP AND IT’S REALLY, REALLY HOT!
Okay, so here are the ground rules:
1) Use clean, empty cough syrup cup (can use empty medicine bottles, old school plastic holders for rolls of film, or something even more cool—just keep it safe, thank you!)
2) Get a bottle of your hottest, hot sauce!
3) Place the cup upside down and soak the rim of it in a small saucer or bowl of super hot, hot sauce. Wasabi, anyone?! Can also put in freezer until, “frozen”!
4) After removing cup from bowl (or freezer if you can’t handle the spices), squeeze the opening of the cup together, place over one lip (or both if you’re bold enough,) and suck on it so that it causes a suction effect.
5) Leave it on your lip(s) for as long as you can with one minute being the minimum time.
6) Get a small glimpse of what it is like for us to live with this crazy making, bizzaro condition we have come to know as, angioedema by experiencing the temporary swelling and, “fire!!!” lol, all at once!
Thanks so much for joining us on our next big adventure!
Check it out! Do it!
Many, many thanks to "Life Without A Fork" Documentary's co-stars Bethany and Josh Williams, children to fellow-sweller, Bonnie Williams, for braving the, "Insanity Hot Sauce," and initiating the challenge--you rock out!
Additional thanks to Cindy, Bonnie, Julie, and everyone for reaching out to us to make this happen!
, #ExecutiveProducer #FellowSweller#ChillWill