- Medical Protection SocietySenior Database Administrator, 2013 - present
- Parabis GroupLead DBA, 2013 - 2013
- TSYSSenior DBA, 2011 - 2013
- Skipton Building SocietySenior Database Administrator, 2010 - 2011
- Homeloan Management LimitedSenior Microsoft SQL Server DBA, 2008 - 2010
I’m internationally known SQL DBA, Trainer and Technical Author, with twelve years experience of the Microsoft technology stack. I’m accomplished development and production SQL Server DBA, with proven record of delivering major projects on time and within budget. I’m expert at evaluating client’s needs against the capabilities of the SQL Server product set, with the objective of minimizing cost and maximizing function through making innovative use of advance capabilities.
I have many years of experience working with user communities, development and support staff. I also regularly write technical articles on various SQL Server topics, for different SQL Server community sites MSSQLTips, SQLServerCentral, SQL Server World User Group, SQL-SERVER-PERFORMANCE.COM and SearchSQLServer.com.
I hold a master’s degree in computer science from London Metropolitan University and several industry standard certifications from Microsoft, Sun, Cisco, Brainbench, Prosoft and APM, including MCITP Database Administrator 2008, MCITP Database Administrator 2005, MCDBA SQL Server 2000 and MCTS .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications. I also have good understanding of ITIL principals.
- London Metropolitan UniversityMasters of Science, Computer Science, 2005 - 2006
- Al-Khair UniversityBachelor of Science, Computer Science, 1999 - 2001