Looking for some thoughts here. I want to get a tablet computer of some sort.
* I want to be able to play Hobby Board Games on it. (For example, I have Dixit and Ascension on my first generation iPh0ne - but can't play with others because of the age of the platform. The new device should be able to play these or similar.)
* I want a decent e-reader.
* Web Browsing would be nice, but is not critical.
* Device to write on would be nice, but not critical.
* I still have my phone, so music is not needed.
* I'm not a big movie watcher, so movies are not needed.
* I would like to maintain a reasonable price point.
* I would consider two devices, but only if it involved a price savings. I'm not interested in having too much more to carry.
Complicating issues is the fact that my desktop is in the shop and the guy working on it called yesterday to inform me he "broke" something. [Shudder] Worst case scenario - I loose everything from that machine. Slightly better, but still bad case scenario - I can retrieve the data but need to replace the machine. In this case, I will probably be getting a machine focused on word processing and low-end sound and video recording editing - not another game machine. Best case, he fixes things at no additional cost. [Wish me luck.]
Since I am looking at potentially replacing my desktop as well, the price point is critical.
Any thoughts or recommendations??"