#bluebuffalodogfood #petbeam #H2SAssociates #VeterinaryCancerCare #NaturalBalance #highdesertdogmagazine #GoodShepherdAnimalClinic #AtriosCatering
And of course to our many private donations.
#supportcancerresearch #dogs #cancerresearch #nonprofitorganizations
Here are some fun ideas!
#dogs #halloween #2milliondogs
How many of you are dressing up your furry babies for Hallowe'en this year?
What are your favorite costume ideas? Share them here!
Below are the top 5 tips to keep your pet safe and happy this holiday;
1. Fatty Foods: Too many fatty, rich, or unfamiliar foods can give your pet pancreatitis or gastroenteritis; two medical conditions that can be very painful and even life-threatening.
2. Diet and Exercise: Maintain your pet's regular meal and exercise schedule and avoid too many holiday leftovers. A disruption in his dietary routine can cause stomach upset, diarrhea and/or vomiting.
3. Bones: Make no bones about it. Certain bones can lacerate or obstruct your pets' insides. Save the bones for the broth - not your dog.
4. Onions: Onions and onion powder, widely found in stuffing and used as a general seasoning, will destroy your dog or cat's red blood cells, which can lead to anemia.
5. Grapes and Raisins: Grapes and raisins contain a toxin that can cause kidney damage to both dogs and cats.
for the remaining 5 tips on keeping your pets happy and healthy this Thanksgiving!
#pets #dogs #thanksgiving #petsafety
Can't join us in Edgewood tomorrow? No problem! :) You can still help us by donating to our cause!
Did you know? Osteosarcoma, the most common bone cancer of large and giant breed dogs, closely resembles the osteosarcoma in teenagers in its skeletal location and aggressiveness?
2 Million Dogs donates money to Comparative Oncology, benefiting both humans and dogs in their fight against cancer.
Donate today and join us in our Fight to End Cancer.
Tomorrow is our Walk to End Cancer!!
We are looking forward to a good turn-out and are excited to see everyone there!
Below is the link to the site to both register for the walk, but also to donate money to the cause, you don't need to walk to donate!
Thanks so much for everyone's support, every bit helps.
#cancerresearch #dogs #charity #nonprofitorganizations #cancersucks #cancersupport
Your direct participation in this Puppy Up! walk provides funding for comparative oncology research.
Funds raised from the national Puppy Up! walks will help ensure the continuation of research into the causes and prevention of cancer in canines.
More details will be added soon, so please check back often and SHARE!
"Researchers hoping to develop a promising new approach to treating cancer in people are trying it in another group: pet dogs.
The aim of personalized medicine is to design an optimum cancer therapy after analyzing genes in a patient's tumor. Dogs, which have strong genetic similarities with humans, get many of the same types of cancers as people and have similar responses to cancer-fighting drugs. When diagnosed, dogs often have a shorter survival time than humans, allowing researchers to see if a drug is making a difference in a shorter period."
Read more at The Wall Street Journal Online