Unghh... OSX Lion's inverted scroll wheel is really wrinkling my brain. Looks like you can fix this by changing an option in the mouse preferences.
40 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 37 previous comments
- We've been trained for a long time to the other method, but I find that if you think about the scrolling as "pushing" the content around, you can get used to it pretty quickly.
There is a deeper reason for the change than just being "natural" though.
It opens the door for other humanized gestures like turning pages in a reading app.
Also it throws away a layer of indirection. instead of moving your hand in the direction of the scrollbar, which in turn moves the page. You just "move the page" directly.
Agreed that it takes some getting used to thoughJul 24, 2011
- I just noticed that two finger swipe to the side in Safari 5.1 goes back or forward in history for a tab. That's interesting. I would think that switching between tabs using that gesture is more natural, but the history access is convenient, too.Jul 24, 2011
- Missing a back and forth gesture in Finder.Jul 25, 2011
- Yep, drove me crazy upon install as well. First preference changed.Jul 25, 2011
- THANK YOUJul 25, 2011
- As soon as I got my new mac... changed that setting back to the usual way.Jul 25, 2011