With more than 87 percent of Americans getting information online and 30 percent of those under 30 following the news via social media, the need for social-media savvy scientists and experts is increasingly essential in order to communicate science to the public. Join us for an opportunity to talk with experts in sparking science-based conversations via social media. Hear about their experiences to learn the tricks of the trade and lessons learned for jump-starting or enhancing your use of social media to create the space for science in public conversations.
- Liz Neeley, Assistant Director of Science Outreach at COMPASS
- Jamie Vernon, AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow at US DOE
- Dawn Wright, Chief Scientist, ESRI
- Craig McClain, Assistant Director of Science at National Evolutionary Synthesis Center,
- Moderator: Gretchen Goldman, Analyst at the Union of Concerned Scientists