Prepare to see MORE of Maggie Greene in Season Three.
#TWD #TheWalkingDead #AMC
#TWD #TheWalkingDead #AMC
32 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- While that may be true of most zombie universes, it may not necessarily be true of Kirkman's TWD universe. And he's not saying. Thus the speculation.Apr 22, 2012
- The gene theory is an interesting one but there is no evidence to support it. Of course there is nothing to disprove it either.Apr 22, 2012
- Its a virus inside you, as was already said "we're all infected " you don't get infected by a gene! And as I was attempting to state the reason a paper cut doesn't kill you is because when you are bit it causes an infection that kills you! Then when you die you turn! Now in the scenario you got like a million paper cuts and it was severe enough to kill you then you would turn! And in kirkmans world it is all the same! The part that should be the concern is how did this happen! As with all zombie universes that is what makes it different from one another! You know you could always step back a few years and read the comics, don't worry there are not a whole lot of spoilers to it, he his mixing it up pretty good!Apr 22, 2012
- I have read every single issue of the comics 1-96. Nothing there as to cause. Kirkman said in an interview that he has some ideas as to the cause but that he will not ever release them in comic or TV. He feels the cause is irrelevant.
So we do not have, nor will we have, enough data to conclude whether or not there are multiple viruses at work or if it is one virus with a dormant/active state or one virus with a catalyst mutation factor.
, I think that your use if blanket generalities and stating conjecture as fact is only confusing the discussion.Apr 22, 2012
- In all likelihood, Kirkman's cause (which in a discussion about TWD is the only one that matters) is probably viral. Although he has shown himself to be very clever and may have a unique twist on it. Like it could be a new viral mutation (probably staph-based) that unlocks a universally regressive gene which cause postmortem reanimation. Or some other perfect storm scenario.
But there are other zombie outbreak causes that have been used in the genre, so statements like "This is pretty much a universal theory in the world of zombies!" are logically flawed as there is no such universal theory.
Non-viral Zombie Outbreak Causes:
• meteor shower / comet tail
• chemical agent
• cemetery overcrowding
• The Hell Theory
• The Nackles Hypothesis
• magic / voodoo / curse
• artificial reanimationApr 22, 2012
- I love her! She's hott!Oct 15, 2012